Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

97 grill swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 PM
dbakes is on a distinguished road
Default 97 grill swap

hey yall i am new to this site and cant find any forums with how and where to buy the parts. i have a 2 dr sport and i am wanting to lift it by a 3 inch or 2 inch body and a 2 inch suspension. i dont like the old single lights i like the split lights so if you all can help me out where to buy it and how to do it that would be awesome!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

go to the local pull-a-part style junkyard.

you will need: radiator supports, head lights, corner lights, grille, and i am probably forgetting something.... it sounds harder than it is.

you will save a ton of CA$H is you salvage the front of a newer '98-'05 vs. buying the stuff straight up.

as for the body lift: google shopping performance accessories 2" BL for like $150-ish

SL is considerably more... just t-bar crank and add shackles to the rear. 2" rear shackles and +1.5" on t-bar (assuming 4wd)

Old 01-06-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

150$ for a BL is on the extreme cheap end. Typical prices are in the $200 range and up.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer 1:1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dbakes
i dont like the old single lights i like the split lights so if you all can help me out where to buy it and how to do it that would be awesome!
Don't mean to change your mind, but the Blazer 2nd gen's style was originally designed for that grill and the recessed lights of '95, '96, '97. Later the Blazer front was changed but for another style.

We of the original 2nd gen Blazers love that front with recessed lights. If you do make the change, save the original. It's worth $$$$, especially as time passes.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazer 1:1
Don't mean to change your mind, but the Blazer 2nd gen's style was originally designed for that grill and the recessed lights of '95, '96, '97. Later the Blazer front was changed but for another style.

We of the original 2nd gen Blazers love that front with recessed lights. If you do make the change, save the original. It's worth $$$$, especially as time passes.
?????

and Curtis, you forgot to tell him about the wiring.

you pretty much need to get everything from the front of the truck for this swap.

but be smart, buy the rad support new-aftermarket of course-'cause 99.9% of the trucks you'll find in the wreckers are gonna be rotten somehow/somewhere.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer 1:1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
?????
Sorry... I miss worded.
I'm referring about the 2 door models only. It's about the design of this grill with recessed lights, as being only for the original new design for 2 door Blazers of '95, '96, '97.

And with the design of this 2 door, only those years were chosen for 2nd gen kit models made to date.

Please add to or correct me, as I'm a newbe here!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^i'm still confused.

are you saying that the front end (shown on the model box above) was for the 2 door Blazer's only?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
are you saying that the front end (shown on the model box above) was for the 2 door Blazer's only?
...cause it wasn't if that is what you're trying to say.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Question

Blazer 1:1, They are right... (Chris/Alex I mean)

that is the second image that pops up when you "96 4 door blazer"

FUN FACT: packofqtips' ride is also 2 of the first 9 images

Later the Blazer front was changed but for another style.
that's what he is going for
We of the original 2nd gen Blazers love that front with recessed lights.
while YOU may like that style (along with many others) there is an ever growing number of order style blazers switching from sealed beam to the composite set up
save the original. It's worth $$$$, especially as time passes.
you are correct about this though. they are currently worth about $20 each if you buy them pre-pulled. it will be a long LONZG time before these are "worth $$$" as the 97 Blazer LS (for example) isn't exactly a rare breed...

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-12-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Sorry... I miss worded.
I'm referring about the 2 door models only. It's about the design of this grill with recessed lights, as being only for the original new design for 2 door Blazers of '95, '96, '97.

And with the design of this 2 door, only those years were chosen for 2nd gen kit models made to date.

Please add to or correct me, as I'm a newbe here!
lol I have that model set, need to put it together one of these days.

Quick Reply: 97 grill swap