Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Interior mod idea. Front seats in back. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/interior-mod-idea-front-seats-back-37005/)

2oooBlazer 11-15-2009 07:47 PM

Interior mod idea. Front seats in back.

Hello,
I picked up a 2000 Blazer a little while ago and was wondering if its possible to remove the back seats and install 2 front bucket seats with a console?
Has anyone done it?
I think it would be really nice and cool.
I'm not concerned with not being able to put the seats down to create more space when carrying large items.
Before I go ripping the back seats of the truck I would like to see what you think and or know about it.
Thanks

wlorton 11-15-2009 07:49 PM

I hope its a 4 door.... otherwise... GOODLUCK.. lol..

2oooBlazer 11-15-2009 08:02 PM

Yes its a 4 door.

NVANZEE 11-15-2009 08:39 PM

thats a good idea. im sure you could find a way of doing it. you will need to fab up some brackets though. also im not sure exactly how the 4 doors are but in my 2 door i think the height might be an issue.

old skool luvr 11-15-2009 09:11 PM

the height issue NVANZEE, is due to the shape of the floor pan in the back seat area. so yes 2oooBlazer, you mst definately need to make custom brackets for them. i'd just make them sit as far back as you can (with a little room for reclining) and not have them slid forward/backwards at all. the console is JK on the difficulty scale.

96chevblazer 11-15-2009 09:13 PM

Yeah height could be an issue, but if you fab you brackets low enough it would work and be really cool!

old skool you beat me too it lol

old skool luvr 11-15-2009 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer (Post 264086)
Yeah height could be an issue, but if you fab you brackets low enough it would work and be really cool!

old skool you beat me too it lol

yea! for once i did beat someone to the punch. usually i'm so long winded (my wife's words, hahahaha) i'm usually finishing my post the minute after someone else said the same thing as me. first time for everything, lol.

96chevblazer 11-15-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 264091)
yea! for once i did beat someone to the punch. usually i'm so long winded (my wife's words, hahahaha) i'm usually finishing my post the minute after someone else said the same thing as me. first time for everything, lol.

congrats lol

Sisk 11-16-2009 08:43 AM

They definitely wouldn't work in a 2dr, but I could see something being made for a 4dr to make it work. You'd have to make brackets for the inside sides of the seats since I don't imagine there are ones already there. I'd like to see it done though. Keep us updated if you do it.

neo71665 11-16-2009 09:52 AM

Been tried before but just looks bad unless you cut the seats down cause the floor pan makes them sit way to high.