Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   just de-emblemed my xtreme (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/just-de-emblemed-my-xtreme-11671/)

igot10pinitis 07-06-2007 08:57 PM

just de-emblemed my xtreme

man was that a pain, glad the body guys do it at work!!

anyway, any of you guys wanna buy 2 xtreme logos?

PIC1
PIC2

Edit-By rabbit0102030-Fixed long links.

myol blue4x4 07-06-2007 09:02 PM

RE: just de-emblemed my xtreme

Is that basically all the trim on the xtreme, just factory dealer+ xtreme logos? If so lucky, I took off the logos on blue and it took forever due to the door trim held on by double sided tape.

igot10pinitis 07-06-2007 09:15 PM

yeah man thats all i had on the car was the 2 Xtreme logos on the doors, it took me a good hour to get them off. I should have did a How TO on how to take them off but didn't feel like going inside to find the camera. A razor blade and mineral spirits are your best friend when you do it.

myol blue4x4 07-06-2007 09:19 PM

Oh well thats good, I got lucky on my factory emblems but the pain was with the door trim and the dealership logo, it was one of those that where a sticker and for each letter was a seperate sticker (UHH!) But blue is all de trimmed now. Did you wax or clean where your emblems used to be?

igot10pinitis 07-06-2007 10:34 PM

just cleaned it with the mineral spirits and threw some wax on real quick. Really couldn't see how it looks since it was getting dark.. Will take some pics of that and the new tail lights tomorrow and post em up

03RedBLazerXtreme 07-07-2007 08:24 AM

when i removed the chevrolet script from my S10 pick up all i did was pull up one corner
and just tugged it off ~.. alittle wax and never knew it was there

igot10pinitis 07-07-2007 09:36 AM

yeah this was foam 2 sided tape, made in a PITA

LORCLAS 07-12-2007 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: igot10pinitis

yeah man thats all i had on the car was the 2 Xtreme logos on the doors, it took me a good hour to get them off. I should have did a How TO on how to take them off but didn't feel like going inside to find the camera. A razor blade and mineral spirits are your best friend when you do it.
I used the old WD 40 and fishline trick. Had mine off in about 5 min. :D

Dabber 07-12-2007 09:50 AM

I did mine last weekend and all I used was a heat gun and it came right off then I just waxed it. Looks sooooo much better!!!

EuroGoldLS 07-12-2007 11:26 AM

I removed the trim by just pulling it off and the 3m tape came off with it... used turtlewax bug and tar remover. Then I went back and added a nice Stripe ;-)