Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Lets see some CB installs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/lets-see-some-cb-installs-41796/)

Sisk 03-08-2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 309075)
Sisk

Thinking about a hand held myself. What external antenna are you using?

Otherwise, the cassette deck or cassette tape holder spots are great ideas.

Sorry Rogue, I just noticed your question. I have a whip I use on my roof. Not sure of the size....theres pics of it in my build thread though..just click on my sig and go to CB install.

Rogue 03-08-2010 03:46 PM

Thanks Sisk. :icon_teeth:

radiokid 03-08-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by sifd4x4 (Post 309509)
very nice setup radiokid. are you fire dept, rescue squad, or police?

I am a paramedic / firefighter.
however my truck is my personal vehicle and the radios mounted in the console very from "Ham" amateur radio's covering HF VHF UHF, i have my fire dispatch radio, and a radio to communicate with the American red cross for disaster relief operations.

I provide emergency communication in the event of a natural or man made disaster. Also when it comes to public service events like marathons and races etc.. i provide the mobile communication command center.

sifd4x4 03-08-2010 07:59 PM

sounds like a good job. Your excursion console is very similar to the rescue squad superduty that my county has. I recently bought a slightly used PRO-164 trunking handheld scanner that Im going to try and mount next week and install an external antenna.

WolfPack 03-08-2010 08:47 PM

a solution to those of you mounting the CB beneath the ash try and want to prevent it from falling open on bumps and what not, use a large-headed, short post screw into the side of the ash tray. It pushes against the dash cage and keeps it from falling open. Just tighten or loosen to adjust how hard it is to shut the ash tray (I have mine sticking out pretty far because I never use the ash tray).

sifd4x4 03-08-2010 09:54 PM

Has anybody ever come across a antenna mount that can be clamped on the spare tire carrier? I have looked to see if there are any made for Jeep's but I havent come up with much.

Benedict1337 03-08-2010 11:28 PM

you could always custom make one. it doesn't seem too difficult. I know most antenna's come with a clamp to clamp to a mirror

99blaz 03-08-2010 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by WolfPack (Post 309681)
a solution to those of you mounting the CB beneath the ash try and want to prevent it from falling open on bumps and what not, use a large-headed, short post screw into the side of the ash tray. It pushes against the dash cage and keeps it from falling open. Just tighten or loosen to adjust how hard it is to shut the ash tray (I have mine sticking out pretty far because I never use the ash tray).

Good idea, I just stuffed some cardboard up behind it lol. It works for now.

Jonas 03-09-2010 04:11 PM

what the * is a CB?

radiokid 03-09-2010 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A cb is a two way radio for any one to use to communicate with friends and you can talk to truck drivers.
It uses the 26-27 mhz frequency

:icon_google:it:icon_teeth: