Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Non heated to heated seats (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/non-heated-heated-seats-98643/)

DonL 01-18-2019 06:55 PM

Non heated to heated seats

I'm going to the yard tomorrow morning, found a black leather interior with heated seats. So I'm going to take the seats out to start my all black swap. I wa a lucky to find heated seats. I've been searching but cant seam to find anything.

I have the memory power seats, is there anything I need to add for the heated element of the seat? I know I'm gonna have fun digging around the passenger side for a wire...

edit: gonna leave it in, but just notice I wrote it had heated seats twice... guess I'm more excited then I thought lol...

blazen_red_4x4 01-18-2019 08:37 PM

Should just plug in and work. The circuitry for the heated function is all contained within the base of the seat, just like the memory circuitry is.

N. Jensen 01-18-2019 09:27 PM

Just hope your plugs have enough tabs to support the heated function With memory function already, I'm guessing you'll be fine.
There was a thread on here about someone who got heated seats, only to learn his plugs were very basic and did not support any of the seats functions.

blazen_red_4x4 01-19-2019 09:56 AM

That's very true, and may be a year difference or trim level thing. A while back I installed some power memory leather seats from a 99 Bravada into my 04 Blazer LS and everything plugged in and worked perfectly fine. Had to fish the plug for the passenger side front seat out from under the carpet, but it was already in there and hot, all I had to do was plug it in.

Wouldn't hurt to cut off and grab the body side plug and a few inches of the harness when you get the seats, just in case.

DonL 01-19-2019 03:35 PM

So today was thumbs down... got the rear seat uninstalled, went to the front. Got the front bolts off, and realized that the seats are over the rear bolts, so I wasnt able to get them out. Might take a day off or hit it up next weekend, gotta bring the battery from the truck in to get power to the seats to move them... hopefully they are still there...

at -14°c, 6°f, decided to call it quits after 2+ hours working in the windy cold...

N. Jensen 01-19-2019 04:33 PM

The salvage yards I go to won't let me bring a battery in.
​​​​​I've run into that problem before, too. Just ended up leaving them. I've heard of people rocking and breaking the tab with the torx in it... Then welding it back on.
I would say try this option, if bringing a battery isn't possible;

cleburne red 01-19-2019 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by DonL (Post 701661)
at -14°c, 6°f, decided to call it quits after 2+ hours working in the windy cold...

2 hours? You wouldn't see me out there 2 minutes in that cold of weather!

go chevy 01-20-2019 12:12 AM

I can testify too heated seats lol, the ones in my 98 are almost too hot, well, for me anyway. My wife loves them and hijacks my Blazer this time of year and leaves me with her Taurus lol...

El_Beautor 01-21-2019 08:35 AM

Another thought for getting the seats to move away from the bolt would be to take a 12-14v cordless drill battery and a couple wire leads. You can unplug the seat harness from the truck and jump the drill battery leads to the heavy orange and black wires on the seat to power it temporarily. I've done this before and it works fine. Just don't do it with the seat still plugged into the truck as the rest of the truck will pull power through the harness.

DonL 01-21-2019 08:43 AM

Thanks for all the advice! I'll be going back Saturday morning. Hopefully they will still be there... I tried hooking up a battery with jumpers, but either the battery was dead, or my cable where shot... but I'll be taking the battery out of my blazer and bringing it in, as well as bringing my drill battery in with me, hopefully out of the two, I can make something work...