Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

power seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:43 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road
Default power seats

hey guys I have a 2dr blazer with cloth manual seats. i was at the wrecking yard today and came across a 4dr with leather power seats and was wondering if 2dr blazers came with power seats as i havent seen any at the wreckers? i would love to install these into my blazer, but the only down fall is people wont easily be able to get in and out of the back. but thats not my problem but the ones riding in the back
only reason im asking is because i only will install these if there is a possiblity that the harness is under the seats.

Last edited by war00; 03-09-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Take a look under your seat, errrr the blazers seat. There might be the connector for power seats already there. Mine has the manual cloth seats & the connector. I guess GM put the connection for power seats there for customer options like power seats.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 PM

soo i went out and had a look under the seat and low and behold there it was all nicely clipped up under the seat looks like im getting powered heated leather seats back passengers are gonna hate me but whatever just means no fat people!!
just wondering does anyone know if 2drs came with leather seats?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Beginning Member
vic98blazer is on a distinguished road

check the passenger side mine didnt have it on that side and i had to wire it my self, the power seats dont fold forward like a 2 door either

Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

you do realize that the 4dr seats do not fold forward like the 2dr?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 PM

thanks, but i already mentioned that and am aware of it.my seats are in poor condition and need to be replaced and for $60 i cant say no to heated leather seats in good condition.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Starting Member
volfan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine has cloth power seats for the driver and manual for the passenger....don't know about a leather option. rear passengers must enter on the passenger side because the forward movement of the driver's seat is very slooooooow.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Why the hell do people reply without reading the whole post?

War.. what you need to find is some ratty two dr power seats and then find if the frames are the same dimensions and boltups. Wont be the same frame of course but you might just be able to pull everything off and transfer to the folding back ones.
Seat heaters are irrelevant .. they go with the covering.

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pettyfog

War.. what you need to find is some ratty two dr power seats and then find if the frames are the same dimensions and boltups. Wont be the same frame of course but you might just be able to pull everything off and transfer to the folding back ones.
ditto, & the OP too. I suppose it's like people using the search feature - it's easier to ask than to look for an answer.
I don't bother to help people out if they're asking mundane questions like what tire will fit, any ideas on a suspension lift, will HID's work in stock housings? etc But they meant no harm in the reply.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by pettyfog

hmmmm..... i thought about that. i could just bolt the new power seat in on the driver side and recover the psg seat with the leather so than i still can fold the seat forward, i wonder if that would work. the psg seat that im getting isnt power just has the seat warmer and the lumbar.

Quick Reply: power seats