Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   replace Bowtie (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/replace-bowtie-10379/)

twei 04-25-2007 12:02 AM

replace Bowtie

how would i go about replacing my bowtie
it has cracked several times and now just looks like crap
where do i get a new one?

davtak 04-25-2007 12:08 AM

RE: replace Bowtie

you could try ebay for a new one, or a junkyard. Or do what I did, buy a sticker off of ebay and put it right on top. Mine was scratched like crazy and I bought some carbon fiber stickers and it looks brand new. I got the stickers on the front grille bowtie, the bowties on the doors, and the one on the tailgate next to the word blazer. Check it out. Just enter blazer bowtie on ebay and see what you get. I believe there are carbon fiber, chrome, and a couple of others you can get. I hope this helps you.

rabbit0102030 04-25-2007 05:55 PM

SS Billet Bowtie w/ outline

SS Xtreme Bowtie

Billet Bowtie

That was just off of a quick, simple internet search for "blazer bowtie emblem"

drperry 04-25-2007 07:33 PM

It might help if we had a year, as well...

for 2000+ All you do is pull the grille off, and on the back of the emblem, there's to cheapie plastic threading nuts on the back of the emblem... If I remember right, they're 10mm.

The emblem comes right off.

speeddemon560 04-25-2007 10:18 PM

I have a brand new chrome billet bowtie for 98+ Blazer's. I don't use a bowtie on my new grille, so I have no use for it. $25 shipped if interested....

EuroGoldLS 04-25-2007 10:38 PM

If you don't know how to pull the grille off, you just have to pull on it firmly.

I never got stickers, I took mine off and painted it black. All you do is wet sand it, use somebondo to take care of the scratches, prime, wet sand again and the coat with enamel, and then clear enamel.

twei 04-25-2007 11:02 PM

just pull on what?

rabbit0102030 04-26-2007 10:09 AM

There are two small openings under the bar on your grill that your bowtie sits on, if you run your hands underneath the bar you will find them. Make sure your hood is open and I would advise disconnecting your wiring for the lights first. Just take hold of those two openings and pull firmly and your grille should snap out of place in one big piece.

drperry 04-26-2007 10:27 AM

There's also grab holes on the underside of the top part of the grille, above the bowtie, if the top of your grille is being stubborn about coming loose...

And you can't really disconnect the wiring for the lights, without taking the grille off...

rabbit0102030 04-26-2007 10:37 AM

Yeah actually you can. The headlights have to come out of course, they aren't part of the grille assembly, but the bumper lights can stay, they can be disconnected from underneath the headlight assembly.

If you must know, the only reason I explained that he should disconnect the lights first, is becasue some people justdon't know wellenough to do it. Believe me, I have seen it. I've seen at least 3 people at meets or shows pull and tug at them wondering why they dont come off, all the while breaking light assemblies or snapping wires in half.