Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Replacing seats (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/replacing-seats-43747/)

mlapinski23 04-24-2010 08:34 PM

Replacing seats

So I was walking around the junkyard the other day and I found a 97 Jimmy with pristine leather seats. I have an 02 Blazer, and I figure that the Jimmy seats probably won't fit exactly into the Blazer (because of the year difference), but how difficult will it be to mod the Jimmy seats to fit? Thanks in advance.

-Matt

bigjon1 04-24-2010 11:13 PM

They should be basically the same thing. They're both second gens. You should be able to take yours out and put those in there no problem

zedartwo 04-24-2010 11:47 PM

Yup! Should be a direct fit!

mlapinski23 04-25-2010 12:21 AM

Thanks guys. Now for the second question: My current seats are manual adjust but the leather seats are power adjust, should I attempt to wire them in or just bolt them in where I want them? The seat motor seems to be self contained, so I figure I just need to hook some power into it by tapping into the fuse box. What do you think?

BlazerGuy2001 04-25-2010 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by mlapinski23 (Post 324220)
Thanks guys. Now for the second question: My current seats are manual adjust but the leather seats are power adjust, should I attempt to wire them in or just bolt them in where I want them? The seat motor seems to be self contained, so I figure I just need to hook some power into it by tapping into the fuse box. What do you think?

interesting thought....do you know what kind of harness goes to or from the seat? if it appears to only be power, you could probably just tap into the fuse box like you said...

84BlazerS10 04-25-2010 12:27 AM

If your skilled enough at wiring or can afford to pay someone who is then I would say go for it if not I would say just leave it.

mlapinski23 04-25-2010 12:36 AM

Not exactly sure on the harness, but I think it's worth a shot. I've been searching around both on and off the forum for the seat wiring schematics without any luck. Looks like I'm just going to have to blaze a new trail in seat wiring :icon_shrug:

blazerboy001 04-25-2010 09:20 PM

i've tried to get leather seats out of a 98 olds bravada to fit in my 96 blazer and they didn't fit.

zedartwo 04-25-2010 10:09 PM

Hmm, why exactly. Different mounting points?

LowLife 04-25-2010 10:30 PM

I just did this today to my 98 jimmy 4dr, The seats are from my 97 bravada. The front 2 bolts line up no problem So does the outer rear bolts, The inner rear seat bolts dont line up but 3 of 4 bolts hold the seats just fine. For power just tap into fuse #20 and run a ground to the seat bolt. Make sure you cut the seat plugs out of the donor vehicle so you can run the wires, And plug in your seats nice and simple.

Originally Posted by blazerboy001 (Post 324428)
i've tried to get leather seats out of a 98 olds bravada to fit in my 96 blazer and they didn't fit.

Your seats didn't fit because the 98 rear inner bolt bracket is to long so it hits of the stud sticking out of the floor, Causing the seat to sit crooked. In my case the bracket is 2 short so the seats still fit with no mods. Just check 2 see where the bolt hits, And drill a new hole for it.