Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Stinky?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
86S10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stinky?

The interior of my truck has a pretty offensive and mildewy smell that has always been there, but lately its beginning to get really really bad. It gets worse as the temperature and humidity increase, and i have been trying to trace the smell back but to no avail. Water gets in because of bad weatherstripping but not near enough to cause this smell.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Stinky?

If it's that bad, you should have visible signs of mildew and mold in the carpet padding. I would say you need to start pulling up the carpet and padding one section at a time untill you find the culprit. Once you do...well...either replace, or get some mildew killer and wash it down, and dry THOROUGHLY

Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
972DRBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point

i would first suggest fixing your weather stripping. if you clean it with that leak it will just come right back. or clean it then fix. i agree with wolfpack, with that bad of a smell you should be able to see it. i would check around the leak first. then move on. good luck with it.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

If it's a big leak, you should be able to start with a hose, and trickle it over all the seals, and see where the water gets to the floorboards/carpeting. At this point, what's a little more water in the carpet to find the leak

Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 PM
86S10 is an unknown quantity at this point

will do, thanks for the tips. ill get some household carpet cleaner and some anti-mildew spray stuff.