Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

smoked out turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road
Cool smoked out turn signals

ive looked at smoke headlight covers to match my tails, but havent been able to find smoked signal covers. my 98 ls has the seperate signals bellow the headlights and id love to black them out to go with the truck. anyone know where to get the covers, and/or whether theyre legal for day/night use as the headlight covers are not?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Each state differs. You'd have to look into your local motor vehicle laws. The only one I've ever seen with covers on the front is JST4SHO. Most people tint their lights with a can of VHT Night Shades. It's a spray on tint.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Reading state laws is like reading the writtings of a mad man haha ... I tried reading the section about smoking lights in NY (found a link on some law site someone was asking) and read it and didn't get heads or tails out of it.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 AM

is the spray tint of decent quality though? like would it run and leave my signals unclean? and where would i get it?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Deezy Steez
is the spray tint of decent quality though? like would it run and leave my signals unclean? and where would i get it?
If you do it right it can look really good. Do a search on the forum for tint if you want to see examples of it. There are several thread discussing it. Here is one: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ght=nightshade
Depending if smoked lights are illegal or not in your state, you should be able to find it anywhere auto paint is sold (parts stores, speed shops, etc.). It should be with the spray paint cans. It looks like this:

You may also want to pick up a can of clear coat to put overtop as the night shade is fairly flat. The clear coat will give it that stock looking shine.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Deezy Steez
It looks like this, I didn't put any clearcoat on like a lot of guys do though.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/album....pictureid=2401

Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

VHT is the way to go. A few light to medium coats and some clear.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

I've seen some smoked corners on ebay now and then, but I think for the most part its a whole new light, not just the cover

Old 10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Nathan1991
I've seen some smoked corners on ebay now and then, but I think for the most part its a whole new light, not just the cover
You'd probably end up forking out a far about of $$ for all new tails too. A can of VHT does the same thing for $10-$15.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:30 PM

already got the tails but the orange just doesnt go with the green and black truck lol so ill look in to the smoke cans

Quick Reply: smoked out turn signals