Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Teaser to the best thing EVER

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

wow you got a really good deal... better than me. I bought my roof rack and the tire rack for $180... There must have been a special edition bravada with the tire rack because that is where I got mine. Just remember when you are drilling your holes measure 10 times. and its better to have it a little high than low because you can't go any lower than the trunk handle... I had to put my latch as low as I could make it...

Old 08-16-2010, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Benedict, do you have the whole liftgate or the tailgate that folds down?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran

I have the whole liftgate. I kind of wish I had the tailgate that folds down

Old 08-16-2010, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

If you get a chance, can you take a picture of the plate that mounts on the rear? I have the drop down liftgate and theres a black button a few inches below the glass.

I was quoted $15 for the tire carrier at a junkyard a few months back but didnt have the tools to remove it. I may run back this week and see if there are any still there...

Old 08-16-2010, 06:55 PM
2003_CHEVY_BLAZER is on a distinguished road

i also got the drop down liftgate and i put pictures of how it looks on my blazer i got a close up on the push button hatch. i thank benedict for this great idea. It looks way better with a tire carrier.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I would recommend reinforcing it somehow on the inside. Otherwise it will end up like everyone else. The quarter panel buckles on the 2 doors and those have a reinforcement plate. Mine is slowly getting worse now that i have the 33 on the back

Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I'm lucky, I don't have to worry about the trunk latch because I've got the split tailgate. I plan on sanding down, priming, and then painting with spray on bed liner. Do you guys have and suggestions what I should use? I used Dupli-color before and it seemed to work pretty good.
Thanks

Last edited by Red 96'; 08-17-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran

I'm actually surprised at how well my rack is fending. I even forgot to latch it and it swung out, didn't sound or feel good but nothing bad happened.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I know it might be kind of a pain, but is there any chance you could take a pic of the mounting hardware from inside the truck? I wanna make sure I don't cut holes that are are too big haha. It would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran

that would be kind of hard since the only visible bolt is the top bolt closest to the top. I used 3/4 inch bolts and nuts. and then a slightly larger drill bit than 3/4 inch. I wouldn't worry too much about drilling a too large of hole you can use a washer, but then again I used washers anyway. Just a heads up you will need small/flexible/slippery hands to get where you need to be to but the nuts on the bolt. the hardest one to do is the bottom rear bolt, luckily my hands aren't huge and I was able to get the nut threaded with 2 fingers, be patient its very frustrating

Quick Reply: Teaser to the best thing EVER