Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   What kind of vent shades/rain deflectors do you have? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/what-kind-vent-shades-rain-deflectors-do-you-have-96420/)

N. Jensen 03-03-2018 02:53 PM

What kind of vent shades/rain deflectors do you have?

In channel or out of channel?

My blazer came with out of channels (vent shade brand) on it when I purchased.

Within the past year, both rears have cracked from hail. (no more hail, thanks to moving from apartments to a house with a garage!)

I ordered some off line, and they ended up being in channel.... Doh!?

Curious on everyone's experience /preference.

GreenBlazer2002 03-05-2018 05:47 AM

I thought in channel was supposed to be better. Have you installed them yet?

swartlkk 03-05-2018 05:53 AM

Having had both over the years, I can say that I have had less issues with the external mount variant than the in-channel ones. The in-channel ones always seem to affect the window closing and often trigger the obstruction response due to the added restriction when the window is nearly closed which results in the window going down again. This is especially a pain in my new Sierra which has an auto-up feature on the driver window.

As far as looks go, the in-channel have always looked cleaner and less bulky to me.

N. Jensen 03-05-2018 08:13 AM

I have not installed the in channels yet....but I will try them out.
My 98 has one auto window feature for the drivers side door, but only to go down. Lol So I will worry about that when I purchase a "newer" vehicle.

I do think the in channels are aesthetically pleasing, at least. Less of a chance for a car wash to rip them off. :icon_nic:

Logan 03-05-2018 08:18 AM

Auto Vent shade have a lifetime warranty against breaking. #1 brand I sell because of their warranty.
I like the in-channel as its a much cleaner look. If anything binds when putting up the window, try a heat gun to help manipulate the raingaurd so it doesn't effect the window.
external mount is quicker and easier install, but doesn't look as good.

swartlkk 03-05-2018 09:15 AM

The problems that I have had over a few different vehicles with the in-channel ones isn't the shape of them, per-say. It is that even though they have double sided tape to hold them in position, they don't always stay where you put them for proper operation. This is especially true when it is hot out. If they get pushed up further into the channel, things bind up.

I agree though, they look much nicer than the externally mounted ones.

puttster 12-30-2020 04:57 PM

I've had the Auto Ventshade 92127 (2-sided tape) on my 2002 for 4 months now and they are a perfect fit and are working out great. The front edge tucks behind the mirror flange for a secure fit.