Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Window Tint? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/window-tint-49964/)

TylerCiervo 10-07-2010 07:48 PM

Window Tint?

I was thinking of getting a 2.5% window tint kit for the back windows of my Blazer. Has anyone seen 2.5% in person? How dark is it? Haha. I dont want anyone to be able to see inside, but I want whoever is inside to still be able to see out. I plan on keeping the front windows fairly light because I really dont want any tickets.

So what are your guys thoughts/suggestions?

djerock 10-08-2010 10:30 AM

i have installed some on some buddy's truck's before.. its dark im going to be doing mine soon the back 7 then the front 2 20% :icon_teeth:

pj5454302 10-08-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by TylerCiervo (Post 368803)
I was thinking of getting a 2.5% window tint kit for the back windows of my Blazer. Has anyone seen 2.5% in person? How dark is it? Haha. I dont want anyone to be able to see inside, but I want whoever is inside to still be able to see out. I plan on keeping the front windows fairly light because I really dont want any tickets.

So what are your guys thoughts/suggestions?

It will be DARK!!!! I recently put 5% on my front windows(back windows were tinted 18% from the factory) and At night I cant realy see if somone is walking next to me. So I would not go with 2.5% unless you want to roll down your windows every time you back up at night. I think if you have 5% that will be more than enough( Especialy if it is tinted from the factory)

NVANZEE 10-08-2010 07:27 PM

Yeah mine has the factory tint plus 2.5 and it is dark. You cant see in it even during the day. You also cant see anything out it at night. I recently replaced my back window and have been debating about getting it re tinted that dark since I couldnt see anything at night

TylerCiervo 10-08-2010 09:12 PM

Well I only have a 2 door and the tint would be going on the back windows. I just dont want anyone to be able to see my system and things I have in the back seat. Whether it be my school bag or laptop or whatever.

84BlazerS10 10-09-2010 10:03 AM

Well you would probably be fine but you would more than likely have to roll down your window and look out of it to back out at night.

pj5454302 10-09-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10 (Post 369287)
Well you would probably be fine but you would more than likely have to roll down your window and look out of it to back out at night.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ this

MTopper 03-10-2011 01:07 AM

i'm stock in the rear, 20 on the doors and 35 on the windshield. its still not an easy task backing up at night if there aren't any street lights.

the only time you can see in my truck is in the middle of the day. my school is notorious for break ins but, my little blue flashing led on my dash is a great deterrent for thieves. so, if you want security, get an alarm. you want style, (some) security, and a cooler (as in temp) truck, go with tint

rob44_90 03-10-2011 01:49 AM

I have 5% on top of the stock tint on all of my rear windows. You can't see inside at all during the day!!! I also have the same problem of not able to see out at night. I usually just open my door and look behind me to reverse. :)

MTopper 03-10-2011 01:31 PM

i do the roll down and look thing. every car/truck i own from now will be a minimum of 20% no matter where i live just for the privacy factor. well, that and my screwed up eyes. i'm extremely photophobic my doctor told me which legally gives me the right in any state to tint my windows however dark i feel