Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Window trouble. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/window-trouble-104566/)

Clab 04-13-2022 09:43 PM

Window trouble.

Hello, having issues with the driver power window being intermittent. Replaced the motor and the switch because it would be slow rolling up and stop and not want to budge unless ya gave it some time. Now with the new motor and switch I'm having the same issues.
any advise?

christine_208 04-14-2022 11:20 AM

I've had a similar problem over the years. It'll go weeks with no problem and then will get stuck partway up.

I'll then pry up the switch panel and wiggle the electrical plug which fixes it.

I suspect the issue might be the electral connector itself or the connections to the pins.

I will be taking a closer look at them someday soon.

Clab 04-14-2022 11:30 AM

Mine dosnt seem to be the plug. The switch constantly has power because I can play with passenger window while the driver won't roll up. Without moving anything just wait and it will roll back up after 20-30 mins.

Clab 04-16-2022 12:58 AM

So I have 11.5 (-11.5)volts to the motor when rolling up and down ignition switched to on but not started. 14v(-14) volts to the window motor with engine running. Could I have a faulty window motor from the parts store?

christine_208 04-17-2022 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Clab (Post 741640)
So I have 11.5 (-11.5)volts to the motor when rolling up and down ignition switched to on but not started. 14v(-14) volts to the window motor with engine running. Could I have a faulty window motor from the parts store?

I had a situation of lo voltage going to my door lock causing it not to work well. It was due to a damaged wire in the door jamb.

So there is a possibility you could have a damaged wire, poor ground, or a poor connector.

Clab 04-17-2022 10:46 AM

Think I fixed it. Was lower voltage from sitting in the driveway for a week. But when I went to O'Reilly originally for a window motor the guy took the window motor out of the box and I gave him my old one for the core. Think he got them mixed up and gave me my old one back. Went to autozone and got a window motor installed and it's going up and down fast! Now just have to figure out some new door panels because mine are trashed

BlazerXtreme03 01-24-2023 08:08 PM

My 2003 Blazer Xtreme's windows are working fine, but this thread prompted me to mention something I've noticed over the years. Several times when I've meant to raise the window and absent-mindedly pressed the switch in a sloppy manner, like with my finger only part-way on it, it slows down as it goes up and then stops. Pushing the switch again is no use. I have to let it set awhile, then it works as well as ever.
Dunno why that happens. Maybe I'm not fully depressing it so it's getting insufficient current when I do that.
This probably helps no one, but, there it is, another shared Blazer experience.

christine_208 01-25-2023 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by BlazerXtreme03 (Post 746878)
My 2003 Blazer Xtreme's windows are working fine, but this thread prompted me to mention something I've noticed over the years. Several times when I've meant to raise the window and absent-mindedly pressed the switch in a sloppy manner, like with my finger only part-way on it, it slows down as it goes up and then stops. Pushing the switch again is no use. I have to let it set awhile, then it works as well as ever.
Dunno why that happens. Maybe I'm not fully depressing it so it's getting insufficient current when I do that.
This probably helps no one, but, there it is, another shared Blazer experience.

Thanks for sharing. This might lead to better understanding of what is going on.