Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   $4.00 Transmission Mod checkout (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/%244-00-transmission-mod-checkout-79846/)

97blazzer 06-13-2013 10:32 PM

$4.00 Transmission Mod checkout

Okay has anyone wanted too make there stock 4l60e transmission shift better and last longer with less slippage? Well if you want you can do this for less the 4 buxs and what it is a simple resistor from radioshack or someone who sells them.
What it does is fools the pcm too think that the line pressure is lower so there for the transmission motor bumps up line pressure with using either a softer 26ohm 10watt ceramic resistor or windworm type, or if you want more tow/haul use 10ohm 10watt ceramic resistor, race shift use a 5.6ohm 10w resistor and for my 97 blazer find the pcm which is passenger side underhood and as if your standin at front of truck its the plug on the left hand side and will have pins going from 1-32 so unhook battery first and then unplug harness just too the pcm and find the pin number 6 which is red/black strip it back some and then pin 16 which is light blue strip it back and take your resistor and add some butt connectors too both sides and connect some 18gauge wire too each end about 6" long and then use blue or red quick connectors and connect one end too one wire and the other too other wire on harness and Id electrical tape the whole thing too and find a small plastic case too place resistor in and velcro too the top of blower motor case just my opinion..
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BROKEN MOTOR MOUNTS OR TRANNY MOUNTS OR PCM DAMAGE DUE TOO INSTALLER MISHAP... I promise it does work and if you dont go extreme all time with the 5.6ohm u shouldnt have a problem this is the same thing as spending 40buxs or so on the b@m shiftplus kit and if you know how too wire a switch too make it shutoff anytime you want you in the project less then 10buxs. Mine has three setting personally

BahamaBlueBlazin 08-08-2013 09:16 PM

I know this tread is almost 2 months old but would you mind taking pictures of your set up with the resistors?

gitch93 08-08-2013 09:26 PM

i wouldnt trust this mod something tells me it will screw up the transmission in the end. if u want it to shift hard upgrade to the corvette servo and spring.

Neb15 08-08-2013 10:45 PM

Do vetties run the same transmission? I was wondering what else i could do on the inside of mine to make it better/stronger/cooler while i open it up to replace fluid and filter. I've seen a few car shows where they simply swap out what look like a few balls and springs.. any extra info gitch?

97blazzer 08-22-2013 11:57 PM

well the bad is with unmodified trans with stock bands which high pressure can break them but the corvette 700r4 and 4l60e are similar and yes the billet corvette servo 2-4 works in our trans that's what I have in mine but the best way too get even firmer shifts are with a good transpak shiftkit that goes in valvebody.. but the resistors work if u got a truck u mostly race and don't daily drive.. ive been driving mine since the 1st post 80miles aday