Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   2k to spend (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/2k-spend-99498/)

Okamiwilks 05-07-2019 04:32 PM

2k to spend

So Im curious I have 2k to throw around. I drive an 01 Jimmy SLT. What could I have done/do to the car? I know its not much but I want to change something I guess. I am getting a new engine because I killed the last one. I just got the catalytic converter replaced. Any ideas I'm open to most things. I don't really know where to go from here and I kinda like the stock car but I want a change.

G0LFADD1CT 05-07-2019 06:53 PM

If I had 2k to spend on my Blazer I'd have the seats redone, and get some nice rims installed.

cleburne red 05-07-2019 06:56 PM

What are your goals for it? A nice, stock ride? Lowered, with a banging stereo? Drag strip? Off road?

If I had 2k to throw at it, half would go to a winch and mount, the other 1k to the 5.7L vortec swap

Okamiwilks 05-07-2019 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by cleburne red (Post 708299)
What are your goals for it? A nice, stock ride? Lowered, with a banging stereo? Drag strip? Off road?

If I had 2k to throw at it, half would go to a winch and mount, the other 1k to the 5.7L vortec swap

I mean I do race the thing and my dad did before me. Its probably how the engine died. But he does cannonball run level stuff. I do a lot of cornering. I would change the engine but my uncle who helps me with it doesn't want to put in the work. Also I kinda like the way the 4.3l pulls out of corners. I suppose I could just keep the thing stock. I have tossed around the idea of a roll cage or racing seat.

blazen_red_4x4 05-07-2019 08:07 PM

With 2k you could easily do a junkyard budget LS swap and drop it a couple inches to get better handling.

If you're keen on sticking with the 4.3, could look into the marine 4.3 intake and turbo it

Okamiwilks 05-07-2019 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4 (Post 708303)
With 2k you could easily do a junkyard budget LS swap and drop it a couple inches to get better handling.

If you're keen on sticking with the 4.3, could look into the marine 4.3 intake and turbo it

I really like the 4.3l what can I say. Whats the fancy intake manifold for? It may be a stupid question Im a driver not much of a mechanic What about a supercharger? I don't know if I want to use a turbo because of the turbolag. Also how would adding that power hurt the engine? I have already killed one.

cleburne red 05-07-2019 09:43 PM

You're gonna have to build the engine to live at the power levels you want to make. Throw some forced induction and heavy boost at a stock bottom end, it's not gonna last long.

Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?

And the benefit of the marine intake, is that you can run real injectors, instead of the poppet crap. That's my understanding, at least

Okamiwilks 05-08-2019 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by cleburne red (Post 708308)
You're gonna have to build the engine to live at the power levels you want to make. Throw some forced induction and heavy boost at a stock bottom end, it's not gonna last long.

Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?

And the benefit of the marine intake, is that you can run real injectors, instead of the poppet crap. That's my understanding, at least

Yeah I kinda figured the vortec can't take much more than stock power. Speed cost money and even though I have the money I am frugal what can I say. My driving style has always been to conserve as much speed in the corners as possible because the Jimmy is kinda slow. I don't know if I want much more speed I mean hitting 120mph without straining the car might be nice. Thanks for the lesson on the intake!
Also to the other guy how much would lowering the car change its ability to corner. I does fine I can hit an average of 50mph on the entrance of 100ish degree corners and pull out at 80mph if I lowered it could I hit 60mph and how much would I have to lower it?