Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

4.3 performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM
98*Bravada* is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4.3 performance

I might be inclined to keep my V6 if I can find some damn performance parts for it anywhere I go all I find are intakes and bolt ons, I'd like to find some forged pistons, rods and a crank with 9:1 or lower compression, and are there any better intake manifolds out there the stock one for lack of a better word sucks...

If I keep the 4.3 V6 then I'm looking to supercharge or turbocharge it and possibly add nitrous and do some headwork...

My engine is out of my 98' Olds Bravada...

Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 4.3 performance

If your lookin for performance email https://blazerforum.com/showprofile.asp?memId=197this is 02 vortech he has a wealth of knowledge about forced induction on these motors, he has a turbo setup on his that is sweet!!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:26 PM
strong blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

check LMC truck.com and summit racing.com because i gotholly throtle body ,edlebrock heads and intake and they offer and cam

Old 01-28-2008, 02:30 PM

and they also have cold air intakes and throtle body spacers just in case you want all of that

Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Strong Blazer, those will work for a carb'd or TBI 2.8 or 4.3 through 93 (at the latest). His Olds is a 98. Are there cams and stuff out there for the 2nd Gen 4.3, yes. Will these cams work? Not sure, but I believe the best thing to do is to get a tune. No engine tear-down involved.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM

yea maybe that what he may hav to go with or just get an sb to put in it

Old 03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
ChevyBoy413 is an unknown quantity at this point

go to GMperfomance.com or the local chevy dealer and pick up the book they have everything from aluminum racing block to cams and lifter...money but hey at least they actually make things for it

Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm almost positive that 5.7 pistons work in the 4.3

Old 03-10-2008, 06:13 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: packofqtips

i'm almost positive that 5.7 pistons work in the 4.3
Not sure about that one, it is a possibility since ours technically are v8's with two cylinders shaved off!!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Comparing like years, the pistons are the same, as are the lifters, push rods, rocker arms, valve springs, valves, & valve seals. If you want to get right down to it, the individual injector/poppet nozzle in the SCFI injection systems are the same, as are the intake runner, exhaust runner, and the combustion chamber design. Timing sets should be quite similar, but due to the presence of the balance shaft, may differ in how they attach to the cam.

IIRC, the rods are different due to the larger crank rod journal diameters necessary for the increased vibration of the v6 firing order.

You can squeak out some more cubes by offset grinding the crank and using standard 5.7L rods with custom deck height pistons which I believe has the potential to get you around 4.8L.

Quick Reply: 4.3 performance