Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   Which air-intake is best??? K&N or Spectre? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/air-intake-best-k-n-spectre-84673/)

green97blazur 03-01-2014 08:17 AM

Which air-intake is best??? K&N or Spectre?

Ive been doing a lot of research on air intake and the K&N would be my first choice but they are extremely higher than the spectre intakes. I would just like some advice and maybe specs on mpg increase, etc. that ya'll have picked up...

rriddle3 03-01-2014 12:20 PM

My recommendation is save your money. Without doing a PCM tune after installing a CAI, you're not going to see a difference, despite what the manufacturers or your 'butt dyno' tell you.

newguy 03-01-2014 02:01 PM

go with spectre, with k n your paying for the name

cleburne red 03-01-2014 07:18 PM

Isn't the factory setup a "cold air intake"? Mine sucks air from around the side of the radiator, right behind the grill.

Like rriddle3 said, it's really not worth it. If you do see any increases, it will be at such a high rpm that you will probably never even use it.

Having said that, if you still want to do it, fine. It does look cool, and it's your truck. I would probably agree with newguy, spectre is probably a better deal. K&N is name brand, lol

chris015 03-01-2014 08:10 PM

K,blow your money on a K&n. its sucking in warm air (if you get the full kit). is it helping? not really. If anything. get a drop in filter,its in the factory housing and sucks in cooler air then the special 260.00 one.

spectre....drop in,and its 20 bucks at autozone.

Blazin00LT 03-01-2014 08:30 PM

K&N makes spectre.

chris015 03-01-2014 08:57 PM

No,they dont..

K&N Prevails in Lawsuit Against Spectre Performance

Captain Hook 03-01-2014 09:48 PM

When considering a CAI, you need to keep something in mind: Before the fuel and air are drawn into the cylinder, the fuel needs to be atomized and vaporized for it to burn efficiently. Both of which happen when the injector nozzle opens and squirts the fuel on the back side of the intake valve. The incoming air that mixes with it, is drawn in from the plenum, where it is heated. The factory air intake was designed with this in mind;)

chris015 03-01-2014 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 620498)
When considering a CAI, you need to keep something in mind: Before the fuel and air are drawn into the cylinder, the fuel needs to be atomized and vaporized for it to burn efficiently. Both of which happen when the injector nozzle opens and squirts the fuel on the back side of the intake valve. The incoming air that mixes with it, is drawn in from the plenum, where it is heated. The factory air intake was designed with this in mind;)

dont matter. teenage/inexperienced minds demand filters that have 60 hp. lol

I wish people would study at fact instead of listening to commercials and friends.

Blazin00LT 03-02-2014 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by chris015 (Post 620494)

Mailing Address:
Spectre Performance
PO Box 1329
Riverside, CA 92502

Mailing Address:
K&N Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 1329
Riverside, California 92502

Physical Address:
K&N Engineering, Inc.
1455 Citrus St.
Riverside, California 92507

Physical Address:
Spectre Performance
1455 Citrus Street
Riverside, CA 92507

From both websites. If you don't believe me google it yourself. I am 100% sure they would not sue themselves now a days or even work with the enemy.