Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   Got my wait4me tune (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/got-my-wait4me-tune-37645/)

jonnyisback 12-04-2009 10:38 AM

Got my wait4me tune

Sent my pcm out on monday and got it back tuned on Wednesday morning. Put it back in and boy does the blazer have power now. I filled up with premium (93) and took off driving. So far i have went from 18mpg to 23mpg which is with me pounding on it.

I asked them for better shifts. As much low end power as possible and told them i drive at 70mph 80% of the time. Basically got what i asked for and now im barely on the 2k rpm line at 70mph where i was at 2250 before the tune. I can drive in 4th gear all the way down to 35mph without lacking get up and go and it runs smoother in the higher rpm ranges. Had them tune for premium gas.

The truck will break BOTH tires loose on dry pavement where i was not able to spin a single one before. I also have CAI with custom heat shield and magnaflow 2.5" high flow cat, 18" muffler with 2.5" throughout. A++++

Sisk 12-04-2009 10:46 AM

What was the cost of the tune?

swartlkk 12-04-2009 10:48 AM

Glad you like it. Don't believe your overhead MPG readout. Check back in after you have done some more driving with the mileage and gallons used (the best way to truly figure MPG).

They can't change the gear ratios in your transmission/axle though... So your observed RPM must be off before to after. At full lock up, there will be no difference in RPM at a constant speed tune or no tune. You must have not been at full lockup with your before observation.

jonnyisback 12-04-2009 11:10 AM

the 23mpg was with me figuring out the mileage, i dont have a overhead read out. as far as the tranny lockup goes im not sure how the rpm readout changed but it did. The tc was full lock before as well so my guess is the tires being bigger (p235 70r15) from the stock 205 size caused a variance in the rpm and speedometer. Im going to drive it like i normally do and re figure my milage again, it may be even higher if i driver sensible and not driving it hard.

(edit) price for the tune was 75 + 10 for return shipping. so 100 bucks total, 15 to ship it there, 10 back and 75 for the tune.

swartlkk 12-04-2009 12:38 PM

Well then your RPM at 70MPH difference is really just the tune correcting for the tire diameter. Since you did not modify the tire size in the PCM before, you were going faster than 70MPH hence the higher RPM (translates out to ~74MPH for your before ground speed at an indicated 70MPH on the speedometer).

88s10Blazer 12-23-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 271394)
Well then your RPM at 70MPH difference is really just the tune correcting for the tire diameter. Since you did not modify the tire size in the PCM before, you were going faster than 70MPH hence the higher RPM (translates out to ~74MPH for your before ground speed at an indicated 70MPH on the speedometer).

Is there anything you don't know lol.

ABN31B 12-23-2009 04:46 PM

nope. he's on system upgrade 4.3 so he's pretty much flawless until the new server packs come out. The K.Y.L.E. blazer diagnostic bots are pretty state of the art and almost always (99.8%) spot on
:icon_badrazz:

oktain 12-23-2009 06:48 PM

This is making me want a tune now lmao... maybe it'll get rid of my intermittent rich condition on Bank 2.... The price they charged me to take it for a test drive and run a diagnostic would have covered the price of the damn tune. Sort of a kick in the pants.

old skool luvr 12-23-2009 09:01 PM

hey Pat, do you know of anywhere up here for the PCM tune? really don't want to send it to far away (if i can help it).

branswiss3 03-15-2010 11:27 PM

PCM Tune

Where would i go to be getting information on getting a pcm tune i could really use one to fix my 16 mpg city driving and i would love more power out of my 4.3