Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - How much is it worth? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/hypertech-max-energy-programmer-how-much-worth-40191/)

lovemy01ZR2 02-02-2010 10:44 AM

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer - How much is it worth?

My buddy has a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer out of his 2000 blazer that he wrecked. He asked me if I wanted to buy it. He said he gave $400 for it. I know nothing about the performance chips and how much they cost. Is this a excellent chip, and would it be worth the money? If so, how much should I offer him?

rriddle3 02-02-2010 11:00 AM

It's not a 'chip', it's a handheld programmer and he would probably get a couple hundred for it used.

swartlkk 02-02-2010 12:19 PM

Make sure he unlocks it before you buy it. If he doesn't reset his old truck back to stock, it'll cost you to get it unlocked by Hypertech.

AJBert 02-02-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 294502)
Make sure he unlocks it before you buy it. If he doesn't reset his old truck back to stock, it'll cost you to get it unlocked by Hypertech.

True dat! There have more than a few folks that have bought used programmers only to find out they can't use them because the previous owner didn't return the vehicle back to stock.

Before you offer him anything, make sure he has returned his vehicle back to stock and that you will get your money back if he "claims" to but didn't. As already said, a couple hundred bucks is more than a fair price.

odfareal 02-02-2010 02:14 PM

Make sure its a reasonable price. I bought mine for my 2000 Blazer for $300 direct from Hypertech. Its on sale now for $150. LOL So make sure he gives ya a good price on it.

lovemy01ZR2 02-03-2010 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What if his blazer is long gone? Im pretty sure he doesn't have it anymore. Could he still "unlock" it?
I guess the best thing to do would be try it out on mine before I buy it. Right?:icon_shrug:

nj4x4blaze 02-03-2010 10:01 AM

try it out.

odfareal 02-03-2010 12:53 PM

Definitely try it out. Its locked per vehicle unless you restore the vehicle back to factory settings.

lovemy01ZR2 02-04-2010 11:25 AM

Ok...got it in my hand. haven't paid for it yet. But he said he'd take $200 for it. I went to plug it up went through some steps, got my VIN # programmed into it, then it said I think "Code 91: PROGRAM YOUR VEHICLE BACK TO STOCK BEFORE PROGRAMMING ANOTHER VEHICLE" (That's what yall were talking about when you said "unlock" isn't it. He said he programmed it back to stock before selling the blazer, and I trust him. So why would it be giving me that error? I looked on the Hypertech website and manual...it didn't help...

AJBert 02-04-2010 11:48 AM

He didn't set his vehicle back to stock. The programmer will need to go back to HyperTech to be reset unless he can find his old vehicle and do it.