Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   transgo hd2 in a 150k + 4l60e? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/transgo-hd2-150k-4l60e-87563/)

bigjayxxy 10-19-2014 06:53 AM

transgo hd2 in a 150k + 4l60e?

I did a search and just kept finding guys trying to "fix" issues.
My tranny works fine.
But i picked up a transgo kit, separator plate, corvette servo, 1-2 accumulator and recently finished with a b&m cooler install.
Also did a complete fluid flush through the lines and just have the filter change left.

My concern is; with the higher miles on my tranny will adding these items do more damage than good?
Should i just wait and add this stuff to a new replacement whenever that happens?

Also, with the new transgo separator plate, is it already drilled out to the bigger sizes?
As the shift kit says to do with the old one?

Im planning on using just the one washer, as i want firm/snappy shifts.
Versus driveline dropping shifts.

My rig is a 2003 blazer 4x4 if that matters.

Sorry for the long post...
Thank you in advance for any information!

newguy 10-19-2014 07:48 AM

The corvette servo will do basically the same thing as the shift kit. Also an easier mod. Tightens up the shift, no slipping between shifts which will actually make your trans last longer

Xter 10-20-2014 03:44 PM

As mentioned above, stick with the servo. If you really want to adjust your shifts better, get HP Tuners and you can change the shifts much safely then mechanical altering the transmission. Or get a tune from someone you trust that can do it right. The PCM controls a lot in the transmission and will not like you mechanically trying to change the pressure in the transmission without electronically adjusting.

Plus if you never fiddled in a transmission before, a car you enjoy driving or a good transmission is not a place to start fiddling with one. They are finicky and easy to waste. You already have one of the best upgrades you could do, a tranny cooler, next do the servo and get your transmission tuned via the PCM to what you like.

Sincerely,
Xter

swartlkk 10-20-2014 07:21 PM

If the transmission is going to go, it will go regardless of whether you install a shift kit into it. I wouldn't worry about that aspect of things as most of the time, a shift kit will shorten shifts, making the clutches last longer.

With that many miles on the transmission, you may want to consider purchasing a new servo pin. When I installed the shift kit into my old '04 Tahoe with the 4L60E, I also did the Corvette servo upgrade and found that the pin was worn quite a bit and was difficult to remove from the original servo pistons. Also, when replacing the servo, make damn sure that the snap ring is seated properly. If the ring pops and the cover comes out, the 3-4 clutch pack will be toast.

Concerning the size of the holes in the separator plate. My plate came from Trans-go and had the holes sized correctly, however, I was cautioned by the place I bought all of the parts from that the holes should be checked as sometimes they get missed.