Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Performance & Brainstorming (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/)
-   -   typhoon swap? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/performance-brainstorming-38/typhoon-swap-60588/)

s10 tahoe lt 06-28-2011 02:38 PM

typhoon swap?

will a gmc typhoon engine fit on a 92 s 10 blazer 4.3l 4x4 and would i also need to get the typhoon transmision along with it

oktain 06-28-2011 02:41 PM

Should fit seeing and bolt up to your stock trans. I would probably try and get the transmission with it, seeing as a typhoon was AWD, the trans should have the necessary tailshaft to mate to the 4wd transfercase.

Did you find the powertrain out of a typhoon?

s10 tahoe lt 06-28-2011 03:15 PM

no actually my brother in law just told me to try that engine but didnt ssay about that but would i need to find that somewere or can ibuy it online

chris015 06-28-2011 03:36 PM

You do know its going to be hard to find one,and even if you do its going to cost a CHUNK of change. They are something any blazer owner would love to have.

oktain 06-28-2011 05:29 PM

I suggest you look up on wikipedia what the typhoon is. Your brother obviously doesn't realize how rare of a vehicle we're talking about here.

It was a limited production turbocharged AWD 2dr jimmy. Anyone who has a typhoon powertrain from a wrecked typhoon for sale knows how rare it is, and they'll want your first born child for it. You're not going to find a powertrain from one of these trucks that easily or cheap, it's not like a sbc350 from a k1500 where you walk into any junkyard and ask and you get "What colour/year/shape would you like sir?".

Personally though, if you were to do an LT1 swap that'd be cooler, but that's just me. There's more work involved with installing a V8 in the S-series truck though.

chris015 06-28-2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 442520)
I suggest you look up on wikipedia what the typhoon is. Your brother obviously doesn't realize how rare of a vehicle we're talking about here.

It was a limited production turbocharged AWD 2dr jimmy. Anyone who has a typhoon powertrain from a wrecked typhoon for sale knows how rare it is, and they'll want your first born child for it. You're not going to find a powertrain from one of these trucks that easily or cheap, it's not like a sbc350 from a k1500 where you walk into any junkyard and ask and you get "What colour/year/shape would you like sir?".

Personally though, if you were to do an LT1 swap that'd be cooler, but that's just me. There's more work involved with installing a V8 in the S-series truck though.

Yea but even cooler when someone is with you and you have the turbo 4.3 out of a typhoon and people ask you whoa what do you have? "eh just a v6"

God id take that over a lt1 anyday. :icon_bike:

s10 tahoe lt 06-29-2011 02:21 PM

how much horsse power does a lt1 have though cus i found a typhoon for sale but im into chevy thats why i wanted the engine

84BlazerS10 06-30-2011 09:38 PM

This article might give you some information about the LT series motors.
GM LT engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia