Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Jimmy Diamond Edition Seats

Old 06-06-2019, 05:52 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road
Default Jimmy Diamond Edition Seats

Looking for good condition driver, passenger, and rear seats from a GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition.

Preferably within 200 miles around me (Omaha, NE), but can make other arrangements if necessary.

Let me know what you have.

Here is a pic for clarity;

Old 06-06-2019, 08:09 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Best of luck in your search

Literally a diamond in the rough (pun intended)

Old 06-07-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4 View Post
Best of luck in your search

Literally a diamond in the rough (pun intended)
Have you ever run across some down there?

I have only once, years ago, while I was in Lincoln. Could NOT get the seats out for the life of me.

I do have a lead on a guy in Chicago...he hordes all the rare parts and sells at decent prices. (Some of it, anyways.)
I can get the full interior, seats and panels, for 500 big ones. I am willing to pay that for the condition they are in....but I don't wanna drive 8+ hours to get them.
My in-laws are in Milwaukee, but not sure when we will be headed up there next..

So I thought I'd throw this out there on a whim.

Pray for me.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:37 PM

I've only even seen one set here Florida, working at an auto salvage yard, both the fronts were pretty tattered unfortunately, but it was many many years ago...

I have never really had a problem removing Blazer/Jimmy seats, the trick that I have found to getting the problem bolt out, which is always the rear center torx head bolts, is to give them a couple good firm solid smacks on the head with a hammer before you ever put a torx bit to them, and then use a good quality torx bit on at least a foot long breaker breaker bar, longer if you can, and keep the bit as straight as possible in the head of the bolt while you're backing it out. Hitting it with a hammer a couple times seems to shock them enough to break the hold that keeps them locked in and breaks the tips off torx bits from my past experience with these seats... and I've changed the seats in my 04 Blazer like 6 times now lol I've got 2013 Cadillac ATS seats in it now because I gave up finding some Blazer seats I was satisfied with

Old 06-08-2019, 08:45 AM

I tried all of that, plus I crawled under and slammed the torx bolt from the bottom, too.

But that was almost 5 years ago... I have much better tools and knowledge now.

If worse comes to worse, I will break the torx bracket, and find one on another seat that I can take out....swap rails, and voila! Lol

I've been looking at a lot of other options.... PT Cruiser, Caddy, Trans Am, Camaro... Not finding what I want, though.

Diamond edition or bust!

Old 06-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Starting Member
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen View Post
I tried all of that, plus I crawled under and slammed the torx bolt from the bottom, too.

But that was almost 5 years ago... I have much better tools and knowledge now.

If worse comes to worse, I will break the torx bracket, and find one on another seat that I can take out....swap rails, and voila! Lol

I've been looking at a lot of other options.... PT Cruiser, Caddy, Trans Am, Camaro... Not finding what I want, though.

Diamond edition or bust!
Do you have the door panels and steering wheel already? I never noticed it before but it looks like the wheel is perforated also.

Last edited by eshaw; 06-09-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by eshaw View Post
Do you have the door panels and steering wheel already? I never noticed it before but it looks like the wheel is perforated also.
I am going to use my plush black leather Bravada door panels, and the wood grain wheel I have already.

If the panels didn't say 'Diamond Edition', I might change my mind. I think that's a bit gaudy, even for me. Lol I have some Envoy panels I've been thinking of using, too.

I'll have to check out the wheel a bit closer, though... Looks good.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Starting Member
eshaw is on a distinguished road

I used some graphite door panels and added the wood trim from an Envoy to them. It makes a nice accent. So what kind of wheel did you get, an Escalade?

Old 06-09-2019, 10:10 PM

I WISH I could find an early 2000 Escalade with graphite interior that has the dark inlay in the steering wheel that is in good shape. That's the only Escalade wheel I'd put in mine. Seems like most all of them came with tan interior though...

Old 06-09-2019, 11:36 PM

Found the wheel in a 97 LT Blazer.... Not sure if it was an option or not.
I would have gotten an Escalade wheel, except my 98 has the older, wide air bag. The Escalade has a similar wheel to the 99 and up, with the smaller air bag.
I did snag a bunch of wood grain ceiling console stuff from a graphite colored Escalade interior..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jimmy Diamond Edition Seats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.