Want To Buy : Rear tire carrier - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Old 07-24-2018, 05:53 AM
Beginning Member

Cimmerian is on a distinguished road
Default Want To Buy : Rear tire carrier

I can't find one locally for my 2000 LS 2door, does anyone have one for sale? What price should I expect for one? Thank you.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:28 PM

DonL is on a distinguished road

Where abouts are you located? From the scrappers your probably looking around the 20-40 mark depending on how money hungry they are.

I played 25$ for nine from the scrappers
Old 07-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Beginning Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonL View Post
Where abouts are you located? From the scrappers your probably looking around the 20-40 mark depending on how money hungry they are.

I played 25$ for nine from the scrappers
I live in West Palm Beach, FL. All the Blazers I've seen at the yards here didn't have the tire carrier.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:12 PM

DonL is on a distinguished road

20 hrs too far from here... I come across them frequently up here in the north. But not sure what your schedule is like, maybe think about a small road trip a little further out of your area. I got about 3 in an hours drive from me but if I'm desperate enough, I would drive another 2 and make a day out of it.

but sometimes you gotta just play the waiting game.

good luck!

p.s.
If your still looking next time I'm traveling south, I might be able to bring one, you can canadianise your blazer a little! Lol
Old 07-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Beginning Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonL View Post
20 hrs too far from here... I come across them frequently up here in the north. But not sure what your schedule is like, maybe think about a small road trip a little further out of your area. I got about 3 in an hours drive from me but if I'm desperate enough, I would drive another 2 and make a day out of it.

but sometimes you gotta just play the waiting game.

good luck!

p.s.
If your still looking next time I'm traveling south, I might be able to bring one, you can canadianise your blazer a little! Lol
Haha thanks, I really appreciate that offer. I'm currently strictly home city bound until my suspension gets replaced, which I'm getting done piece by piece.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:11 PM

N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I paid $20 for mine last weekend, at the man mall in Omaha.

Blazen_red lives in Florida AND works at a salvage yard....

Couple things to look at, when you decide to get one;
1. Check out the hinges, and try to avoid ones with too much play. You can tell immediately if the carrier is still attached to the donor, and it sags when you open it.
2. Look at the handle to open....make sure it's functioning properly.

I found one last weekend already taken off a ZR2. Could not get the locking mechanism to "bite" on the locking plate.

Ended up finding a nicer one later, and I bought a nicer, less rusty locking plate from a different yard.