Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/)
-   -   antenna (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/antenna-85608/)

Robt77 05-01-2014 06:07 PM

antenna

Someone snapped off my antenna once upon a time. I get fair reception in the city without it. I've been thinking about replacing it with a small rooftop antenna, about 4 inches. I just want to mount it in the stock location. I don't want a full size antenna it looks goofy, and is just a target for vandals. will this little antenna do me any good on top of the fender, or are things just as good without it?

rexazz2 05-01-2014 07:24 PM

they sell a universal at places like Napa that are much more flexible than the stock
IMO the short rubber ones look goofy on most vehicles

I dont think I would worry about vandals breaking it off
I never heard of a rogue group of guys that get their kicks busting off antennas

BTW I have a 2014 Focus with a roof mounted antenna
The stock ones are notorious for getting snapped off in the car wash

Robt77 05-01-2014 11:36 PM

I'll think about the short flexible one but I actually think those are goofy. We do have a group of vandals in my neighborhood messing with cars, I haven't heard about antennas specifically, but it would be my luck. I think I'm away at work on the security guys night off so I've been lucky.

rexazz2 05-02-2014 07:07 PM

I think you can buy a replacement for less than $20 , Its the last thing I would worry about

newguy 05-02-2014 07:47 PM

wire it to an outlet

Robt77 05-02-2014 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by newguy (Post 626180)
wire it to an outlet

what do you mean :confused:

newguy 05-03-2014 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Robt77 (Post 626193)
what do you mean :confused:

wire it to 110 volt when parked and give the vandals a ZAP!

rexazz2 05-03-2014 07:54 AM

BTW Vandalism isnt always random
I lived in a apartment years ago that one of the tenants had lots of issues
The wheels were stolen off his car on one occasion , windows busted out on another and paint stripper covered on another
I am willing to bet he had pissed somebody off because it was always his car getting hit

Also one of these clearly in sight deters lots of B.S
I have one that is mounted at the top of the radio bezel that I can turn off with a toggle switch when driving at night
They draw so little but work so well IMO
12V RED Flashing Dummy Fake CAR Alarm LED Light Dash Mount Plastic Housing | eBay

Robt77 05-03-2014 10:25 AM

I'd love to give them a zap, but I don't think it's a good idea, until I catch them, then I will line some people up to take turns.

Luckily I haven't been hit, except for maybe a key scratch. I bought my Jimmy w/o the antenna. These jerks are hitting our lot about once every couple of weeks. I don;t know if they haven't broken in because they know about the stock alarm, or because I don't keep anything of value in side. either way I think I will get one of those dummy lights, and maybe upgrade my horn.:icon_spitball:

any way how about the stubby antenna do you think 4 more inches will give me any better reception?

rexazz2 05-03-2014 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Robt77 (Post 626213)
do you think 4 more inches will give me any better reception?

you would have to ask her LOL

chances are anything will give you better reception