Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Grouper file share, tons of vids/pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:42 PM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Grouper file share, tons of vids/pics

Hey, I'm on Grouper. You can share files between a selected group. Can't download songs, but you can download vids, pics, movies, whatever. I've got a ton of racing videos I'd like to share, but I hate hosting them. I'd rather get on Grouper. If anyone else wants to go in on it, let me know. I think I'll try to start a Blazer group, or join one if I see it.

Here's some of my stuff already hosted:
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...=27516#content

Old 01-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Default RE: Grouper file share, tons of vids/pics

Alright, set one up. "Blazin Video"
Click here to join the group and check out some videos:
http://grouper.com//GroupProfiles/?id=257805

Old 01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Do the videos stay up indefinitely?

Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 PM

Files are accessable when the user is on/running the program. I have DSL so I'm usually on a lot. Very nice, I've downloaded several racing videos, ones of people doing stupid stuff, remote airplanes, real airplanes, several things.

Songs are only accessable, not downloadable. I'm sure that's for legality reasons.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah so you have to have a program on your computer to access it... Hm. Don't think so. I'm sure there are other completely web-based solutions like this out there. I'd never install a program just to access online content.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:06 PM

It's not the best, but it's free and easy and I don't have to spend a lot of time uploading all of my files to the internet. I could probably upload files to be available to just download from a website, but I'm sure it would cost to do that. Sharing is also possible between members, so you can download files from everyone who is online.