Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/)
-   -   Rear View Cam and 7" Monitor (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/rear-view-cam-7%22-monitor-13129/)

Psychropod 09-26-2007 03:55 PM

RE: Rear View Cam and 7" Monitor

Another use, if you can rig it to a motion detector and digital recorder: catch people who try to break into or vandalize your truck.

blznlowxtreme 09-26-2007 06:08 PM

psychropod, you sound a lttle paraniod

Jigg 09-27-2007 01:46 PM

I got both the camera and monitor off of ebay... cost about $110 total.

French ChevyBoy 10-09-2007 09:43 AM

Jigg, have you please the e-bay links for camera and screen .
I plan to install such a system and investigate where to buy (France or import ?)
Thanks for help.

EuroGoldLS 10-09-2007 11:31 AM

You're kidding right?? $110 is all?Sweet!!!!

RCars2 10-09-2007 04:14 PM

Thats really dang slick. Might have to get something like that myself when i get my spare mounted. Its bad enough with that 31" tire back there, the 33" is gonna suck, LOL. What im hoping to do though is to get something based off RGB monitor input so i can get a car pc hooked up to later and get a video switch......ill hit that bridge when i get there though.

drperry 10-10-2007 03:12 AM

I need to do something like that with mine...

Only, I want to get a really HQ screen so I can play movies and such on it as well... put it where my stereo is, and mount the stereo where the ashtray would normally go if I had one...

Does the camera have any other way of mounting it? My spare tire wrench hole is filled by my trailer plug, lol...

Jigg 10-10-2007 12:48 PM

Ebay Links

Camera

Screen

Guess it was a bit more than $110... closer to $150.

The camera can be mounted wherever you want, you just have to either build a mount, or drill a hole for it. It just so happened that the hole for the spare tire (which isn't used on a 2dr) was the exact size i needed for the camera.

You could easily hook a computer up to this, you just need the adapter (or a video card that has it) to go to RCA or S-Video

drperry 10-10-2007 06:39 PM

The screen pops out of that black square around it, right? lol

You'll have to let us know just how water resistant this camera is... I don't want to have to remove it every time I wash the truck or go 4 diggin'

Jigg 10-10-2007 07:09 PM

Yeah, that's just a trim piece for a headrest install.

It's supposed to be "water resistant", and it hasn't fogged up or anything yet... so i'm fairly optimistic.