Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/)
-   -   Rolling Christmas Lights (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/rolling-christmas-lights-83311/)

BlueDevils 12-13-2013 10:28 AM

Rolling Christmas Lights

Just trying to spread a little holiday cheer! This is my 93 S10 Blazer.

Almost everybody that sees it loves it except for the few Scrooges out there.

BlueDevils 12-15-2013 02:14 PM

Nobody likes Christmas?

Another vid of the lights. They're just held on by suction cups and zip ties. No drilling or anything harmful like that.

newguy 12-15-2013 02:21 PM

Nice, better than mine!

Vader 12-15-2013 07:45 PM

Im pretty sure that the local PD here would not find that amusing at all.

I think its cool, but im not willing to find out how expenisve the tickets will be.

richphotos 12-15-2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vader (Post 611498)
Im pretty sure that the local PD here would not find that amusing at all.

I think its cool, but im not willing to find out how expenisve the tickets will be.

If LED headlights are okay, i'm sure this would not be a huge problem :icon_tongue::icon_dance-tap:

newguy 12-16-2013 04:07 AM

CHRISTMAS INTENSIFIES - Imgur

BlueDevils 12-16-2013 06:05 AM

Thanks, newguy!

As for the legality of this, well that's kind of blurred here in North Carolina. Red, blue, and white lights (White because of the reversing lights) aren't allowed and absolutely NO flashing lights are allowed while in motion. However, when your car is parked, flashing lights are allowed.

That's the reason for the choice of all green lights and I always make certain that they're not flashing before I go anywhere. To my knowledge, I'm the second person to do this in my area. For a few years running now, there's a Toyota FJ Cruiser that has multicolored lights on her roof basket/rack. She's how I got the idea to do this.

As for the tickets being issued, if a police officer does decide to be a Scrooge, the most they can do is give me for this is a fix-it ticket. A fix-it ticket allows people to fix whatever the cop found wrong with the ticketee's vehicle within a given time period and if fixed before the court date on the ticket, it'll be dismissed by the court and no charges goes against you. So I'm not worried about that. I've passed a few cops and none of them had much of a reaction other than looking at it and moving on.

It's worth seeing the wonder on a little kid's face and even some adults when the Blazer rolls by them. It's funny when you pass by a lane of waiting cars in the oncoming turning lane or at an intersection and see every single head turn. So far, the good reactions have outweighed the negative reactions. :)

newguy 12-16-2013 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my roof rack. And yes there is a lot of finger pointing, look at that!

Attachment 31500

rexazz2 12-16-2013 04:15 PM

good for you guys
I had trouble getting them on the house this year

BlueDevils 12-18-2013 10:49 PM

That's awesome, newguy! I knew I couldn't be the only Blazer with Christmas lights.

I saw a third person tonight but he only had a small string across a small rack.