Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/)
-   -   Roof mount baskets (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/roof-mount-baskets-73585/)

420Blazin4X4 09-07-2012 03:48 PM

Roof mount baskets

Does anyone buy chance have a RAGE roof mount basket on there Blazer they can post that I can see..Preferably a 4 door but thats not a must... Im torn between this basket and another I have seen online..Just not sure though as the dimensions are 39" wide by 43.5 long
The other basket Im looking at is 40 wide by 50 long....Appreciate your time if you could post and help me out...
Thanks

GeorgesBlazah 09-20-2012 07:06 PM

Are you hunting lions?

97cherryblazer 09-20-2012 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Im assuming your talking about this one. This is with the extension. I like it, good quality and good price

Attachment 32811
Attachment 32812

rexmburns 09-21-2012 10:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mines not a Rage but here it is for size comparison. Mine is 45x60
Attachment 32804
Attachment 32805

420Blazin4X4 09-21-2012 01:19 PM

Lol hunting Lions ...ah no not hunting anything lol...just would like to have extra storage area for hauling camping gear is all..

Thanks guys both of those baskets look great...I would like to go with the Surco basket...But kinda pricey and then they hit you hard for every add on...
Both of your blazers look bad ass!

rexmburns 09-21-2012 02:08 PM

Thanks for the compliment man. Yours anin't to shabby either lol. The only complaint I have about it is I think it looked better without the gaurd on the front. You did such a nice job making it look so smooth and clean and then covered it up:( Owell that's why its your truck and if your happy thats all that matters!! I still think it looks great though so please don't take that as an insult. I agree with you on pricey I got lucky and got mine as an xmas present. As for the add ons I just get creative! The spare tire is held on with a piece of threaded rod and a home made giant washer lol. And the hi-lift mount is acutally a 4xrac mount made for bumpers that I paid $25 for on ebay and then just bent the mount in a bit and bolted it on. Oh and I used $7 worth of ubolts to mount it to my rack. If you were to buy the surco stuff that would be a few hundred $ but I got less than $40 in it:)

420Blazin4X4 09-21-2012 04:43 PM

No insult taken man...I got the guard to deal with the deer here lol...over the years I have had it I hit 2 deer before having a guard..Then 3 more since having guards... lets just say the guards have saved front end parts that were wiped out before I had it...
Yeah Surco wants $50 for the roof mounting brackets,I believe like $80 for tire mount,$50 per light bracket ...which is ridiculous... All things that some imagination cant take care of as you did...great job.... I figure only thing Im stuck buying on the rack Im looking at is the extension.... but found the rack and extension for $150 before shipping...I put it on hold though as Im going to order my body lift tomorrow first...

97cherryblazer 09-22-2012 12:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliment man! The thing i really like about mine is how many bars there are, so theres tons of tie down options on it. I just fabbed up some high lift mount brackets in about 10 minutes, but that requires a welder i guess or getting creative with bolts lol. But i dont think add on's exist for this basket unfortunately.

Attachment 32796
Attachment 32797

nunya 09-22-2012 08:02 AM

Might have to duplicate that high lift mount at some point as it looks clean and that basket looks like a similar design to my SportRack. 'Must remember to bug you when I get to the point'

97cherryblazer 09-22-2012 01:06 PM

lol yeah definitely, ill help u with some instructions. I think im going to make new ones tho because these ones put the lift too close to the roof rack so the back foot has to sit past the rack in order for it to fit. So im probably going to modify them to later.