Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/)
-   -   Trucks gone wild in NY (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/trucks-gone-wild-ny-71694/)

atvwarrior 06-24-2012 07:29 PM

Trucks gone wild in NY

8 Attachment(s)
These are some pictures from this weekend
heres a couple s10 blazers
Attachment 35135
Attachment 35136
Attachment 35137
Heres a car just like my sisters but with not as much lift
Attachment 35138
And a few other trucks
Attachment 35139
Attachment 35140
Attachment 35141
me and Matt , and of course I have to be talking .
Attachment 35142

skotti 06-25-2012 09:48 PM

Cant wait til july 28th, were going to yankee lake in ohio, for tgw. i had just got the blazer done last yr when we went and drove out. was too scared to play and break, so she sat and watched too. Reason i mention it is that s10 looks familiar..lol.

You look a little clean to didnt particiapate?

atvwarrior 06-26-2012 09:48 AM

So I'll see you at Yankee Lake then , and no unfortanatlly I didn't have my truck this time but man I wish I did . There was trucks smaller than mine out there playing and not getting stuck . But in most spots the mud was so deep it went right over the sasquaches engine and front tires , I have it on video . Heck I went on a recovery mission last night with the blazer , my friends blazer got burried up to the hood . I had to trailor my blazer there because I took it off the road . But 2 jeeps and a dodge tried to get him out and they got stuck before they even got close to where he was , and it took a whole day to get them back out . When I was pulling down into the swamp going down hill I started sinking , right were the other guys got burried , I gave her some gas mud started to fly , heck we walked right through there . I pulled him out and we noticed then that he had 3 flat tires , so I had to drive back out and up that hill to get the air compressor , this time the old blazer had to work but she made it . And I went back down in again and pulled him out , his blazer has been setting there for over 2 weeks and no one could get close , that makes me feel good . I did get a flat front tire but it blew right back up .

skotti 06-26-2012 03:23 PM

Cool Deal! Last yr there was tons of stockers running around there too. Just didnt take my balls with me...lol. We still dont know if we can play this year, i wanna tow it down and back just in case, but the tow rig is garbage at the moment. Alot of stuff to get done.

My buddy who bought my 6" ifs lift, is determined to make the dvd, sooo that is going to be interesting...lol.

Rescues are always fun, cept when its me being rescued..lol, but especially when others fail!! haha.

atvwarrior 06-26-2012 06:14 PM

I basically built my blazer for trucks gone wild and I know anything that breaks I can fix because I built the truck . Heck it has been a dream of mine for quite a while to go crazy at tgw and when I do get the chance I'm going all out . Plus its quite a trip for us to get to Yankee lake , we drove for 6 hrs to the last one with no trailer . And as you know you don't have to beat your truck , just run her into the mud till you get stuck then wait to get pulled out .

skotti 06-26-2012 07:32 PM

Mines built to wheel, but gets thrown between daily and wheeling duties. depends on how the truck feels at the moment. lets just say its been sitting for a couple months now.

I know i can fix whatever, what i dont have is the cash and resources 3hrs away to fix what happens. 45 mins away no problem, ill test the limits. so for me, ill trailer it, have fun, and have no concerns...lol.

atvwarrior 06-27-2012 09:16 AM

Yea I see what your saying now , and that probably was a wise choice , there was a guy with a new Chevy up there running around , not beating it to bad , but when we were leaving we seen him broke down about 15 miles from the mud . That has to suck , if I drove my or any truck that far I wouldn't even think about mudding it , you just never know . I don't think its about having big enough balls but its about having big enough brains . Now if its trailered there its a different story , but I don't have to worry about my blazer to much seeing that its not my daily driver . And next year its getting new axles , I have already made up my mind , its going to be 2 1/2 ton or 5 ton Rockwell's but I'm going to stay with the leaf springs instead of the coils like most guys run .

xgiovannix12 06-27-2012 09:33 AM

I like the leaf spring system better my self...

IM still considering on trading my bronco before I start tearing every thing apart for a sas project .

No one wants to get rid of a k5 around here =(

atvwarrior 06-27-2012 10:07 AM

Yea me to , I mean they don't get as much flex or ride as smooth as the coil springs do but theres not as many moving parts to brake either . It kinda depends on how much lift you are going to have and what kind of terrain you will be driving through or over , if your driving on rocks and hills you would probably want the coil springs , just for the added articulation . My friends excursion has 54s and a huge lift and he tried to follow my blazer one night and bent his 4 link and almost rolled it on a tiny little hill that a stock prius could have made it up , heck I was in 2wd . I think both springs have there advantages and disadvantages its all up to what you are going to do with it .

bluedevil500 07-20-2012 03:53 PM

The truck fully covered in mud, badass!