Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2003 ZR2 Interchange w/ 2002 4dr 4x4 Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Beginning Member
TyrantBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default 2003 ZR2 Interchange w/ 2002 4dr 4x4 Blazer?

I apologize if this topic has been beat to death..

The information is really spread out, and it seems like there is a lot of bad information or just incomplete information I feel like.

I would like a list of things, that I could easily swap out on the ZR2 blazer to mine. I have a chance to purchase a $500 2003 ZR2 blazer for parts, that still runs and has no title, and it was damaged in the front, pushing the radiator in and the grill and everything is pretty much gone.

Can I swap the t-case to mine?

Engines/Transmission? I do not believe the engine is damaged, just the radiator.

A list of parts interchangeable, would be most appreciated.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What do you want to swap? A complete list of what interchanges is somewhat unrealistic as probably 90% of the truck will swap over without any issue.

Engine, transmission, & transfer case are just normal s-series parts.

For what's different... The frame is obviously different than your 4dr frame, but it also has different front suspension & front differential mount points than the 2dr frame. The rear axle is wider in a ZR2 and also is the larger 8.5" ring gear axle. Other parts could be researched on various parts sites to see what is ZR2 specific.

The website that this article was created on no longer exists, but you can have a read through what remains in the annals of the internet history that is the WayBackMachine --> CLICK HERE - no photos, but good info still.

Please do be the one to re-write that article and/or provide as much information as you can gather though! That's how communities like this work.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member

To tell the truth, when it comes to suspension, my knowledge is terrible lol. I am an engine guy.

I got more information on the ZR2, it has 214k miles on it. I assume original parts. I found out my t-case is leaking on mine. Probably just a gasket. Wouldn't mind having a spare t-case on hand. Here is some pictures. I know the front end parts are in different points. I've seen that the rear is pretty much the same. Would be pretty sweet to have an additional engine and tranny on hand as well, probably yank the motor and do a full rebuild for when my current motor goes, if it ever does lol

Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like a good candidate for rebuild. What happened to the title?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member

I have no clue lol. I don't really want to deal with the titling thing, unless it's really simple.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
That looks like a good candidate for rebuild. What happened to the title?
Was told that 17 yr old kid, had it titled in his name and wrecked it and lost the title. He doesn't want to file for lost title. I wouldn't know how to go about that.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Not too sure on that one... but probably worth the effort... front end isnt too much work.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:55 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

How are you going to scrap it when you're done picking the parts you want? Most yards around here require a title for a vehicle in order to take it in.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member

Plenty of yards here in Missouri, that take it without title

Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eshaw
How are you going to scrap it when you're done picking the parts you want? Most yards around here require a title for a vehicle in order to take it in.
I ran into this issue...the yards across the river in Nebraska won't take it without a title, unless you want scrap prices for it, which are considerably less.
Looks like I just need to head south...

Quick Reply: 2003 ZR2 Interchange w/ 2002 4dr 4x4 Blazer?