Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

PLease Help With 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Beginning Member
ShaneInsane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLease Help With 4x4

Okay, I'm going to try to keep it as simple as possible.
I have being going ovr the 4x4 System for a grip now Actuator, Vacum Switch,
Vacum Lines,Fuses, Under the center console where the Engagement Lights Indicate that its in 4x4 I removed all that I simply wna get it working because I am lost with out 4x4 and just bought the truck like 5 months ago. First thing first.

1. Replaced Actuator Cable - Actuator

2.Vacum Switch, along with a couple of Vac Lines up towards the Engine I also started truck an Disconnected Vacum Switch to see if I was getting any Vacum and I was getting Vacum out of one line and the other 2 running to the swtich didnt hve any vacum but I knw that one of those lines stay closed as it says in the vac line diagram. An I also found a LINE I Should say that is on top of Transmission looks like it has been cut but has no vacum to and it seems like it stops right at the front of the bellhousing.

3. Removed Center Console to check Wiring for 4x4 Engagement Lights, Found one clip that had a wire or 2 ripped out of the bak. It plugs in to the same thing that the Transfer Case Selector Switch plugs into witch looks like a microboard with little light bulbs plugged into it. I've think I have came up with a solution for thw wiring tho going to local junkyard soon to get one cut out and spliced bak in figure its eaiser then trying to put them back into thhe clip already tryed.

An thats pretty much it for now Im gunna keep this THREAD up to date, on all my Problems until I get them fixed. I'm just so eager to get the 4x4 working bak to normal. Please help. . The sooner I get this out of my garage and off of my shoulders the better. .

Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: PLease Help With 4x4

I assume this is for your 95 S10 as you sig states you are working on the 4wd for it. Do you have a console shifter or a push button? You mention the center console which I consider to be floor mounted, but then you say switches...

Now, about the vacuum lines. Are you sure you have them routed correctly and correctly plugged into the vacuum switch on the transfer case? You should have strong engine vacuum at the actuator when in 4wd. You may need a vacuum gauge to verify that the vacuum is strong enough. You also should have a vacuum ball under the hood (or attached to it) to store engine vacuum. That should be in the system as well to prevent a loss of vacuum pressure when you are on the throttle.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Beginning Member

1995 s10 -

Yes it is Floor Shifter, I was talking about the switch that is Connected to the side of the floor shifter. But last nite I noticed that my Actuator cable wasn't connected in all the way to the actuator and it seems like it is holding vacum now becuz it was sucked in when I felt it after I turned truck off the 4x4 still isnt wokring tho. But I have tested Vacum before and it was between 25-27 witch is pretty much correct .. . An those couple of lines I replaced where up by the Vacum Canister witch I broke that and had to super glue it bak together trying to pul a vline off . . But It still hols vacum.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Beginning Member

But !!! I still dnt hveany 4x4 cant figure it out been looking or my TCCM but cant find it. Please help dnt make me take my car to dealer becuz no one is able to identify my problem .