Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Alignment Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Apokalactic is on a distinguished road
Default Alignment Problems

Hey all,

I'm having some front end alignment issues with my Blazer and could use some insight. Before i bought the vehicle, it was clear that it had been in an impact on the lower left rear corner. I had the frame looked at by 2 reputable shops and both had told me that the frame and rear axle was not bent, warped, or otherwise misaligned.

some information on the vehicle for you, I have a 1996 AWD Blazer, the one with the NP3 transfer case. I've replaced the shocks, front and back. The gearbox, power steering pump, power steering lines, and pulley have also been replaced, and the steering column is perfectly aligned with the steering wheel. I've brought the vehicle to an alignment shop. They kept the vehicle for the day, and when i got it back, they said they aligned it to the best of their ability, but couldn't get it 100% straight for an unknown reason. It pulls to the right enough to force you to hold the wheel slightly left when travelling straight. It is also experiencing heavy wear on the inner and outer edges of both front tires.

For some reason, there are over 40 mechanics within a 15 mile radius of me, but only 5 of them do alignments. Throw in the fact that 3 of them are very shady, one is booked for alignments until December, I am left with the one I had used.

I was messing with the toe alignment to try and get it closer, but no matter how i adjust it, it will not align.

I've decided to buy the tools to do the alignment myself, Just waiting on that to get here so i can more accurately gauge what needs to be adjusted, but i have a feeling this problem isn't going to be resolved simply with more accurate tools.

What could possibly keep this vehicle from being properly aligned?

Last edited by Apokalactic; 09-18-2024 at 03:46 PM.