Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Bilstein Shock Absorbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 AM
cain45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bilstein Shock Absorbers

I have a 2003 Blazer 2WD with ZQ8 suspension option. Anyone know GM part # for front & rear Bilstein shock absorber?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:08 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bilstein Shock Absorbers

Neither the Bilstein nor schockwarehouse.com websites show a listing for the '03 Blazer. That's strange because they show the '02 with thisfor the front and this onefor the rear. I can't imagine what the difference would be between the '02 and '03.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 AM

See that's the problem I'm running into as well. No website shows them for the '03 but I've gotten under it and it does have Bilstein shocks.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that when you're under the truck there's no model number visible on the shocks, is there?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 AM

Nope

Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM
BF Guru

Then I would contact shockwarehouseand ask them what model you need.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out RockAuto.com. The shocks you have now are OEM shocks sold under the AC Delco name made by Bilstein. Typically the OEM supply contract is 5 years, after which, the original manufacturer can sell them under their name. What makes this a pain is that they cannot list the application until the contract is up even if nothing changed between the years.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:39 AM

shock warehouse has never gotten back to me on the part# so i don't particularly trust them.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
BF Guru

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Check out RockAuto.com. The shocks you have now are OEM shocks sold under the AC Delco name made by Bilstein. Typically the OEM supply contract is 5 years, after which, the original manufacturer can sell them under their name. What makes this a pain is that they cannot list the application until the contract is up even if nothing changed between the years.
Very interesting info, Kyle. Good to know.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 PM

that website does not list them either...just monroe & KYB

Quick Reply: Bilstein Shock Absorbers