Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

New Blazer owner needs HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Beginning Member
blazeric is on a distinguished road
Default New Blazer owner needs HELP!

New to site. Hello everyone. I have a 91 S10 Blazer 4.3 v6 4wd that will not cold start. All sensors seem to be working fine. Replaced coolant sensor. Checked and set correct timing. Fuel pump replaced about 8k miles ago.I do smell some gas after sitting over night but have found no leaks. Fuel pressure regulator bad?? Any opinions and help greatly appreciated.Also,anyone have a vacuum diagram for 4wd actuator and transfer case switch? My hose were loose and were burned into my exhaust.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen that diagram you're looking for...See if this helps. "Click-it."

Old 03-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks, looked at this site and didn't see that diagram

Old 03-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Hope it helped. Been getting all kinds of help here just trying to pass it along.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted a very similar diagram to that in the past as well.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:04 PM

Yeah saw yours but different year than his vehicle wasn't sure if the setup was the same.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

NV231 and NV233 have the same vacuum diagram.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Beginning Member

Ok. My vacuum is working correctly. I shift into 4wd and the acuator sucks in pulling cable and holds vacuum. Pulls cable a 2-3 inches. Transfer case is engaged. drive shaft from transfer to front axle turns. Still no 4wd. Front axle not engaging. Any ideas?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Has to be a problem in the front diff engagement collar inside the passenger side axle tube.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Beginning Member

could that be a major problem or maybe something cheap and simple? How about the cable that runs from the actuator to the front passenger side of the axle? could it not be shifting the pin inside? Are they prone to breaking?

Last edited by blazeric; 03-05-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: New Blazer owner needs HELP!