Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Help! My cable has disappeared!

Old 01-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Pho To Tek is on a distinguished road
Question Help! My cable has disappeared!

Hi all, long time lurker hear, have used lots of these threads to fix my 99 blazer (2door, manual tranny)and my other blazers and Jimmy's over the years.
I have a small problem I hope someone can help me with.
I replaced the engine in my 99 blazer, when I put everything back together, the cable that connects to the transfer case speed sensor disappeared. I have looked everywhere for the cable and I can't find it. I have poured through heaps of threads and Internet pages, manuals etc...looking for where this damned thing connects to on the other end. Even the service department at my local GM dealership has no idea what I am talking about. Can anyone tell me where the cable goes? I am not sure if I disconnected it from the other end to get it out of my way when I was working under the blazer or not????
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks all.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pho To Tek
Hi all, long time lurker hear, have used lots of these threads to fix my 99 blazer (2door, manual tranny)and my other blazers and Jimmy's over the years.
I have a small problem I hope someone can help me with.
I replaced the engine in my 99 blazer, when I put everything back together, the cable that connects to the transfer case speed sensor disappeared. I have looked everywhere for the cable and I can't find it. I have poured through heaps of threads and Internet pages, manuals etc...looking for where this damned thing connects to on the other end. Even the service department at my local GM dealership has no idea what I am talking about. Can anyone tell me where the cable goes? I am not sure if I disconnected it from the other end to get it out of my way when I was working under the blazer or not????
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks all.
I have a 1999 GM manual. I'm attaching scans of the transfer case connectors. Let us know if it helps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1999 TC connectors.pdf (2.71 MB, 127 views)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:40 PM
duhwolf is on a distinguished road

I looked through my transmission shop manuals and all i could find for that year was same as posted above. You referred to it as a cable rather than an a harness or connector but the only cable I seen on my drive-train breakdown was a vacuum controlled front axle cable that (the diaphragm) is under the battery tray and goes to front axle. Could be why the GM mechanics went brain mushy on it. To me it looks like it's all late model tech electronic speed sensor just like a crank shaft style sensor. Always a good idea to take photos before a tear-down for instances like this, i beat myself up many of times before i started snapping pics. Keep us updated on what you find as info for a cable is non-existent everywhere i look. I will however share that once i spent hours looking for a connector i stuffed behind some wires in the frame rail to get it out of my way and forgot where it was.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Pho To Tek is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the help folks, I called it a cable, my mistake. I am missing the C116 harness from the above diagrams. No idea where it went. All I can think of is that I disconnected the harness to remove the t-case and then misplaced it or??? Who knows? At least now I can buy the right harness and get my speedometer working again...right after I triple check all the nooks and crannies I may have tucked the harness into.

Thanks again!