Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

How do you add a long add a leaf?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road
Default How do you add a long add a leaf?

Im getting a new long add a leaf soon and looking for some insite on how to. I looked up a few things online but still arent fully sure. What I take on it is put spring clamps on or c clamps and have the truck on jackstands and once the u bolts are taken off and the centerpin is removed you can start to ease off on the c clamps or spring clamps and slide the new leaf in? Then the pin and reclamp and reverse from there? Im looking to put the long add a leaf under the main leaf in between the second leafs or support leafs but i was told i also have to take the leafs out all together from the truck but i never knew anyone having too unless new leafs are going in also. Can anyone help with any insite please?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I did a medium AAL. Didn't go on the bottom and didn't go under the main leaf. Instructions would be the same except you'll have to deal with that clip on the main leaf that lines up the top few leaves. IIRC it's a little bit of a pain.

CLICK for my AAL post.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:25 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Thanks man i really appreciate it. Im going to check it out now