Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Shocks And Coach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
MaNiAcUk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shocks And Coach Springs

I know my shocks and coach springs are shot as my 1987 blazer is acting like a boat and oftern get complaints from passengers who are feeling sea sick lol.

not sure what to do do i go for a jack up kit or do i get heavy dutie shocks and springs?

any information on where the best place is to get these items and who will ship to the uk as getting stuff for my blazer in the uk seems neer impossible unless its standard stuff.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Shocks And Coach Springs

I would first try replacing the shocks. If the springs were bad, the back end of your truck would be sagging. The sea-sick comments are mostlikely caused by bad shocks.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:28 AM
MaNiAcUk is an unknown quantity at this point

well i know i have 1 snapped coach spring on rear pasenger side i also know i have 1 shot shock front passenger side not sure of the status of the rest of the shocks. and as this is a restration project that mixing old school and new school tech was just wondering what would be the best way to go?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a broken leaf in the spring pack, then yes, you will want to get the affected spring replaced. You shouldn't need to replace them all unless you are having problems finding a direct replacement spring pack with the same spring rate.

On the shocks, it is always adviseable to replace the shocks in pairs (ie both front or both rear) to keep the side to side dynamics the same.