Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Stuck in the sand

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Robert.Lude is on a distinguished road
Default Stuck in the sand

Hi all, first post. I have an 84 S-10 Blazer, 2.8 L. Having worked at a Chevy dealership back in 84, a blue on white 2D 4x4 was my favorite rig. A couple years ago I bought one. It's had a hard life it seems, but overall is intact. I have rebuilt the front and rear suspension since then and will probably swap out the engine, trans, and transfer case. I'm looking at a locker rear dif kit too. At any rate, the first time I took it out to play, I got stuck. What I didn't know then was that the front dif wasn't engaging. I've replaced all of the vacuum lines, and nothing is disconnected, like wires and things. Any ideas why it doesn't engage?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this thread:
4x4 No Worky.... Maybe this will help....

Are you getting good vacuum to the front axle actuator? When vacuum is present at the actuator, is the cable being pulled at least 0.5"?

Old 09-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Robert.Lude is on a distinguished road
Default I'll check it out...

Hi swartlkk; I did replace all of the vacuum lines on the entire vehicle, and the diaphram in the actuator seems to be intact. I'll check it for cable movement when I get it back together (still finishing up the suspension rebuild). If memory serves, I was getting no movement from the actuator before (and after replacing all the lines). I've looked in the pumpkin up front, and it looked okay. Changed the lube, no metal. Now I've got new axles, hub bearings, and all bushings and ball joints up front. Also, transfer case (on oil change) seems to be okay. Thanks for the link!

Old 09-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know how you make out.