Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Zr2 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

fender trimming is a common fact of life with most vehicles when it comes to large tires

Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

indeed it is - cav is lowered 1.5" in the front or so and putting 225 tires on it = rolling the fenders out of the way, every bump i hit cut into the sidewall to tread meeting point.

I intend to put 31's on the jimmy for next winter with the usual lift ppl do and trimming the fenders n whatever else needed to fit em.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

seems everyone thinks they'll fit w/o any issues.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Beginning Member
mpena85 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
oh that sounds like a good idea. i dont really want to lift it a whole lot because i just bought standard 235 tires and a lift would make it look bad with the smaller tires i think. buying the tires is a interesting story too. the geniuses at discount tire sold me 31's and said they would fit with no rubbing at all. they put them on and i backed out of the garage and turned slightly and the tires started grinding so i pulled it right back in and had them put the 235's on. whats interesting is one of the guys there has a 00' Lt blazer with 31 M/T's with no lift or adjustment (so he claims) and they dont rub at all. i dont know how that can possibly work unless he only drives in a straight line..
My blazer Lt came stock with 31's and they dont rub, they never have.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

only zr2's came stock with 31's

2nd gen blazers came with 225's and 235's i think.

and who ever said every 31" tire is the same diameter?

also not every blazer is the same height from factory

front ends will all have a different amount of sag depending how worn out it is

too many variables to say "will this tire fit"

Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazinloud
2nd gen blazers came with 225's and 235's i think.
actually, the 4WD trucks came with 235/70's & 235/75's

if i remember correctly, the 2WD p/u had 215's as standard equipement.

@ mpena85: just because you got your truck with 31's, doesn't mean it was factory. like it was said, only ZR's have ever come with them.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 02-04-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
actually, the 4WD trucks came with 235/70's & 235/75's

if i remember correctly, the 2WD p/u had 215's as standard equipement.

@ mpena85: just because you got your truck with 31's, doesn't mean it was factory. like it was said, only ZR's have ever come with them.
Oh yes I understand, also my blazer has the zr2 suspension. Didn't mean to step on any toes ha. I know all vehicles are different, I was just staying what mine has and is using. Also, I got about 3 in out of a torsion crank and the bolts are not bottomed out, is that normal? My front end components are not at bad angles either. Kind of a nood at "ifs" I have a 3 in torsion twist and soon to put on a 3 in body lift.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:34 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by mpena85
Oh yes I understand, also my blazer has the zr2 suspension. Didn't mean to step on any toes ha. I know all vehicles are different, I was just staying what mine has and is using. Also, I got about 3 in out of a torsion crank and the bolts are not bottomed out, is that normal? My front end components are not at bad angles either. Kind of a nood at "ifs" I have a 3 in torsion twist and soon to put on a 3 in body lift.
you have to be the first guy in the history of the foum, that has come on here and been like, "Hi, my name is Mike and i own a Blazer........oh, and it has that suspension system in it...ummm......i think it's called a ZR2."

not breakin' your ***** or anything, but most guys (myself included) would be like, "yo, wuz-up?!! i'm Mike, this is my ZR2 Blazer, bitches!!! "

you must be a well reserved guy.

as for the 3 inches on a t-bar crank............how did you measure it?

i'm just asking, 'cause it seems everybody has only be able to get 2" MAX outta theirs. not really sure if the other ZR owners around here have tried that, but i'm sure they'd be tooting a pretty big horn if they had cranked 'em that far.

since we seem to be taking so much about your truck, you should throw some pic's up in your garage or in your welcome post.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you have to be the first guy in the history of the foum, that has come on here and been like, "Hi, my name is Mike and i own a Blazer........oh, and it has that suspension system in it...ummm......i think it's called a ZR2."

not breakin' your ***** or anything, but most guys (myself included) would be like, "yo, wuz-up?!! i'm Mike, this is my ZR2 Blazer, bitches!!! "

you must be a well reserved guy.

as for the 3 inches on a t-bar crank............how did you measure it?

i'm just asking, 'cause it seems everybody has only be able to get 2" MAX outta theirs. not really sure if the other ZR owners around here have tried that, but i'm sure they'd be tooting a pretty big horn if they had cranked 'em that far.

since we seem to be taking so much about your truck, you should throw some pic's up in your garage or in your welcome post.

I will get some pictures posted soon, I just need to find the time with my baby girl being born on 2/6/2011. As for me, Im just a pretty call, cool, and collective kind of guy. Nice meeting y'all..

Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 AM
BF Guru

kinda off topic, but congrats on the little one, brother.

is she your first?

Quick Reply: Zr2 suspension