Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   Blazer vs. Passat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/blazer-vs-passat-5301/)

DetroitMuscle 09-06-2006 11:28 PM

RE: Blazer vs. Passat

1.1 deficit, you = owned

What is done to the blazer? intake? Intakes add little to nothing at the rear wheels where it counts, those HP specs are at the crankshaft not the rear wheels, its about a 15% drivetrain loss with rear wheel drive, atleast thats what the engine and chassis dynos have proven to me on my camino.

Its an SUV take it in the dirt not the track, leave the track to fast cars and the streets to the public.

BigGreenMonster 09-07-2006 03:10 AM

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

1.1 deficit, you = owned

What is done to the blazer? intake? Intakes add little to nothing at the rear wheels where it counts, those HP specs are at the crankshaft not the rear wheels, its about a 15% drivetrain loss with rear wheel drive, atleast thats what the engine and chassis dynos have proven to me on my camino.

Its an SUV take it in the dirt not the track, leave the track to fast cars and the streets to the public.
Youre right,, thats what the Cougar is for... I wasnt the owner of my Blazer when that stuff was done to the engine... I bought it because it was cheap.

DetroitMuscle 09-07-2006 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: BigGreenMonster

1.1 deficit, you = owned

Youre right,, thats what the Cougar is for... I wasnt the owner of my Blazer when that stuff was done to the engine... I bought it because it was cheap.

Wasnt meaning it towards you, I mean if its fast sure take it and make some money at the track but if its a daily driver treat it like one and dont abuse it. Going Fast= Broken Parts.

All it does is feed the SUV asshole stereotype of being a road hog and offensive drivers if you mess around on the street in plain view of any public.

BigGreenMonster 09-07-2006 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: BigGreenMonster

1.1 deficit, you = owned

Wasnt meaning it towards you, I mean if its fast sure take it and make some money at the track but if its a daily driver treat it like one and dont abuse it. Going Fast= Broken Parts.

All it does is feed the SUV asshole stereotype of being a road hog and offensive drivers if you mess around on the street in plain view of any public.
I know what you mean. Im not really sure what my Blazer will do... Its old and quite frankly it scares me anyway... My Cougar is pretty decent.. It will do mid 15s with just me in it and no stereo crap in the trunk, so Id have my hands full with a manual passat according to the time provided.. I ran down a Jetta turbo (already pointed out its similar to Passat),, assuming it was an automatic given the provided track times...

DetroitMuscle 09-07-2006 10:11 PM

Only 15's? Must be a V6

BigGreenMonster 09-07-2006 10:14 PM

Only 15's? Must be a V6

No sir, 4.6 Modular SOHC 220hp estimated. The V6s that they put in those things were dogs, I think they run 17s.

DetroitMuscle 09-07-2006 11:33 PM

Wow..... I hope you got alot planned for it.

Check DSS.

How heavy are they? 4k+ ?

BigGreenMonster 09-07-2006 11:49 PM

Wow..... I hope you got alot planned for it.

Check DSS.

How heavy are they? 4k+ ?
4,950 lbs according to the sticker in drivers side door well.

Oh, I have nothing planned too fancy for now.. I have a Cold air and about 100 pounds dropped out of the trunk (spare tire, scissor jack and some trunk padding). I'll probably put a computer programmer in it next spring (Im taking it off the road the first appearence of salt on the roads- winters get rough here).. I have a loan on it, so Id like to get payments on it before I do anything wild (Had it since April)... A factory stock Lincoln Mark VIII DOHC will bolt right on to the tranny and with the torque converter from it will make it run high 13s from my research. With dual 3 magnaflows.. Jasper has a reman. DOHC for I think 3500 with the core charge. Dont know what or if theyd take the SOHC for a core though.

offroaddude77 09-14-2006 05:38 PM

i beat a couple of those before..:D hahha they get so madd.hahhaha. but i have trans work and a reprogrammed pcm..so i can run a 14.7;) in the 1/4. i have 01 2dr. 2wd. too.

swartlkk 09-14-2006 07:13 PM

I'm gonna call BS on that time. So you are saying that you've picked up over 1 second on a stock 2dr 2wd truck with your mods??? What was your trap speed? How about your 60' time or 1/8th time/speed?

My Bonneville with more power (240hp stock), about the same weight, and more torque (280ftlb stock) only runs 14.84sec in the 1/4 for my personal best. I highly doubt that you've picked up 50hp and 30ftlb with a PCM and trans work...