Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Destroyed My Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Starting Member
jimhens82 is on a distinguished road

ahhh thats gravy!!!!!!! 350 swap in that is a walk in the park........tackle it

Old 10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah it's not hard... just hard when you don't have a motor to swap it with. I'm not sure that 79 is gonna work as easy as I want. Its Carbureted and mine is TBI... so that might prove to be more difficult than I would like. Not to mention it doesn't have as many sensors and all that extra stuff mine has... well had

Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

It could be done, just remember to disconect the in tank fuel pump, actually scratch that. There is an adapter that you could get so that you could bolt your stock tbi onto the 350 carb intake.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigkhans
It could be done, just remember to disconect the in tank fuel pump, actually scratch that. There is an adapter that you could get so that you could bolt your stock tbi onto the 350 carb intake.
No way. I was thinking that there should be something like that. Sweet.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Yeah, my neighbor has Twin Turbo Diesel Dodges, like... he has two of them and I think they have twin turbos... and those things sound so purdy. Makes me weak in the knees lol.
i'd do the swap to diesel Kayla, i just luv the sound of the 6.2 in my 'Burb when it clatters to life (get the "chills down my spine" sensation everytime). as for the Cummins swap, that'd be my dream (one day soon, i hope). if you do go the Cummins way, stick with the older 12-valve version. they're stonger & easier to install, than the 24-valve engine. plus they'll handle more power before needing beefed up.
while the 6.2 isn't the fastest diesel out there, but it'll still spin the rear tires if i'm not careful on quick launches. the biggest difference i noticed bewteen this one and my last 'Burb (5.7L truck) was, that empty or towing 8000 lbs., it'll acelerate the same from a standstill, s**t load of torque-great for bogging through the mud.

No way. I was thinking that there should be something like that. Sweet.
yeah, now they make some thing like that. i did a swapped the heads from a '89 350, onto an older carbed engine i was selling (to valuable of heads on the engine, and the cheap bastard didn't want to pay for them), when i found out that the inner intake bolts on a TBI are on a slightly different angle than a carbed engine. of course this was after i had the new heads rebuilt.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:06 AM

My dad and I went rounds on this a few years back when we had a suburban. It originally came with a 350 tbi, when my dad baught it in farmington nm, it had a carb 350 in it. Fast forward about 2yrs I came home from ftcky and told him he has the wrong engine. He doesn't understand why he uses so much fuel and cant pass emissions either. So I unwrapped about 5' of electrical tape and show him the ends of the tbi. Turns out that the in tank pump ran to the in block fuel pump so ofcoarse it's going to run rich and not pass smog and get terrible milage.

I figured out the problem and found the adapter for him, but he sold it was tired of putting money in it.

So yes their is an adapter to bolt the stock tbi onto the carb intake. I'll try summit first, but it's been awhile.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:36 AM

Found it. O'rielly's or Schucks.com Painless Wiring Throttle Body Adapter Part Number 60118. $133.99. It's a direct bolt on part. I hope this helps you get dirty girl back on the road soon.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

bah go for broke get a custom bore big block and be done with it lol jk. the diesel idea does sound damn good though. and id for sure try to get the Cummins diesel, but like old school said you want the 12 valve nto the 24 valve those damn 24 vale bastards are just that bastards. good luck hope you get dirty girl on the road again soon

Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM
m5james is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll look smokin hott on one lol. Just some of the perks if I get one.
Just saw your MySpace...keep the helmet on, wear a tanktop or bikini top....maybe. Good luck w/ the truck repair though.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you're gonna supply it lets do this! lol

But I'm thinking about dropping a Diesel in there. So I can Turbo it later on...
you can have mine after i put a 572 in mine :P

you can find a decent 6.0 with trans for around 1200 bucks with low miles

Quick Reply: Destroyed My Engine