Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   Eating Mustangs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/eating-mustangs-9598/)

EuroGoldLS 03-26-2007 08:00 PM

Eating Mustangs

Does anyone have any annoying friends with Mustangs that think they can take you on? I hav a friend who thought his was BADA55 until my Blazer took him. Weraced on this track that is a bit curvy, so he had a slight advatage with a low car. We took off from and I let him have a decent run into the first curve but when we got to a short strait he was all balls to the wall and I walked on past him and he never caught me.

After we raced, he came up to me and asked me what the hell I had under the hood and I filled him up with some BS about direct injection N2O Twin turbos, and some other things and he wanted to see it so when I raised the hood his face went brick red. "THAT |D| THING ONLY HAS A CAI AND A FLOWMASTER!!!"

I rubbed it in his face for days that his 'cool' little Mustang couldn't beat a nearly stock Blazer.

anyone have any stories about weak little mustangs?

BlackBlaze 04-15-2007 12:17 AM

RE: Eating Mustangs

i dont know about mustangs but a friend of mine has a jeep that will take care of corvettes
he has a 1972 cj5 with a 454
it hasnt been dropped either, it is a roll over waiting to happen

SDimeBlazerlady 04-15-2007 02:39 AM

Well this story isnt bout a Stang but a Maverick my friend thought her Lil 302 Maverick was the .... And my lil Slant 6 was just tooo Slow! Well i raced her 3 different times and beat the 302:D This was yrs ago when only cool bolt on was Cherrybomb n flippin the air filter lid over...2 times was from dead stop. both times at least a car ahead.3rd time we was travelin at 55mph on Freeway she went by me thinkin yeah i got Linda this time..HeeHee...I dropped the peddle n my lil 6 came alive and i flew past her lol Ford Mav over 120k miles Plymouth Duster 66k orig. Miles...Sooooooo moral of that story dont talk ..... lol:D

DankBlazer 04-16-2007 01:10 AM

Not to burst your bubble or anything man but that must have been one slow stang, because a 3.8 V6 stang would walk a blazer, and those are really slow. May I ask what year the mustang was?
[align=left] [/align]

zero psi 04-16-2007 07:55 AM

She's not talking about a mustang, but a maverick vs. a duster.[sm=gears.gif]
*edit* Nevermind. Didn't realize you were talking about the first post. My bad.:D

EuroGoldLS 04-19-2007 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: DankBlazer

Not to burst your bubble or anything man but that must have been one slow stang, because a 3.8 V6 stang would walk a blazer, and those are really slow. May I ask what year the mustang was?
[align=left][/align]
The stang was an '01 or '02 I dont remember which.

I think he wasn't too talented at driving though... I took the corners at speeds that made my tires bark (Very dangerous, I would not advise doing it).
He had me off the line, butBlazers have a better 40-80 accel time than Mustangs. I forgot that I was running 93 octane andLiquid Nitrous octaneboostertoo. My local station sold out of 87 before the 93 and the price of the 87raised towithin about 3 cent of the93 so I got the 93instead. I also have bigger tires than stock, so accelerating is a little faster.

Mind you, I don't usually race but I just wanted to see whether he could back up his trash talk.

rabbit0102030 04-20-2007 10:58 AM

:eek:NO WAY! I'm not buying this story![sm=alcoholic.gif]Whathave you been drinking?!LMFAO! Yo lastcoupe can I get a second on the BS call here?! Bad drvier or not you woulda got smoked!

EuroGoldLS 04-20-2007 05:57 PM

Not BS! Im not gonna argue with you but he did smoke me off the line. I caught up to him and passed him.

rabbit0102030 04-20-2007 06:33 PM

Sorry, but I just don't believe that at all! :eek:

lastcoupe 04-21-2007 12:00 AM

I can honestly say that I do not like mustangs, compared to their GM counterparts...well they just don't compare, but you have to give credit where it is due, and I don't believe a blazer could take one...even a v6. And just so you know euro......a bigger tire will make your car accelerate slower not faster....it's effectively the same as putting in a higher (numerically lower) gear. It makes your car slower, but it always looks better:D