Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Eating Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Eating Mustangs

I think it might have had something to do with corner acceleration, bear in mind this wasn't a drag race, but I accelerated off the corner before he did and I walked right on around him until we both hit our 98 mph limiters (my speedometer is slow by2mph, so I was really running100 and he was running 98)

Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

not every mustang is fast please take this into consideration everyone. a 1999 v-6 mustang w/ auto runs an 8.6 0-60 and 16.5 1/4 mile time these are not fast times.everyone gets freaked out when they hear mustang o boy it must be fast[sm=happy046.gif][sm=hail.gif]

Old 06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

EuroGold, with all that extra weight in the back with the 4subs and everything to run them it probably evened up the race a little, plus driver skill was probably a big factor in that. I have never raced anything in the Blazer (sucks too much gas, too most likely lose).

I did beat a 5.0L 99-04 vody style Mustang in my 1994 Taurus SHO, but the mustang was stock and I had a K&N dropin filter, and new upgraded MAF sensor and upgraded air intake/throttlebody stuff. (Unfortunately the SHO was a Auto but I was pushing 250hp). He barely beat me off the line but then I caught up in a 1/4 mile run on the street. I loved that car but not quite as much as the Blazer now (offroading and practicality )

-Lenny

Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 AM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

v6 mustangs suck.....

on a 75shot with pullies i had a hard time with 2v 4.6 mustangs that where lightly modded.....

i have mustang friends who talk ****.. until i spank them...... but im also turbo'd on drag radials..... and then i have mustang friends who have there own turbo(s) s/c or spray and 500+whp and i just sit down put my tail between my legs.

i can take the new lightly modded GT's.... (I/E/H/T)
and now pretty heavily modded 2v 4.6GT's
and so far i have beaten both mach1's i have run from a dig but from a roll the mach's pull on me a little.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
1finesdime is an unknown quantity at this point

im a HUGE fan of the foxy body mustangs and have been come a mustang enthusiast. I have owned a mustang and drivin/ridden in several and watched out at the track mustangs are no laughing matter when put into the right hands. i could see him pulling on a v6 mustang in his blazer hell back when i had my 01 blazer i had upgraded quite a bit on it and could take stock 5.0's all day in 4 low but after the first little they had me as i had no top end worth a ****. anything is possible if you bank account is large enough.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:00 AM
*Old_School* is an unknown quantity at this point

Eurogold, just curious, the little collage thing in your signature says JDM in the center, which stands for Japanese Domestic Market. So i was just currious why you had it with a pic of your blazer fron and instrament cluster, seeing as blazerswould have aUSDM, not aJDM.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:33 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The JDM part most likely refers to his projector headlights...

And as for beating a 5.0 in 4-low... That's practically a given... My old 4 banger Mazda pickup could stomp a stock 5.0 in 4-low... up to 90km/h... You run out of gear long before you run out of torque.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:47 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: *Old_School*

Eurogold, just curious, the little collage thing in your signature says JDM in the center, which stands for Japanese Domestic Market. So i was just currious why you had it with a pic of your blazer fron and instrament cluster, seeing as blazerswould have aUSDM, not aJDM.
Yes that refers to the headlights, signals, and taillights.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:49 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

im sorry man i cant take you seriously.....

was it a v6 mustang first off?

and wtf is a handheld dyno.... if your talking about a gtech...... or any dyno for that matter of fact they are worthless IMO. dyno's say that my turbo truck only puts down 255whp.... and yet i can go run down 300whp camaro's that weigh less and have better aerodynamics...... dyno's are good for tuning, and dyno queens thats about it...
Kinda hard to run a 7.7 1/8th mile in a blazer with only 255whp...... because i did run a 7.7 and you'd need a little more power then that.

and why do you have "JDM" parts on a fricken blazer......... go buy a honda honestly.

sorry im a little sour about this but every s10, blazer, sonoma, forum on the internet almost all of them ahve no idea about racing. so funny to see the first time most of you/them go to the track and see street driven 4 cyl's running consistant 9's, 10', 11's..... just cause you got a v6 or 4.3L's it doesnt mean ****. i got destroyed bye my friends cam'd & full bolt on evo last night. wasnt even a race....... blazers are quick for aschool bus i guess, but your not going to go out and beat a quality mustang stock for stock (v8 mustang that is).

Im going to be building a foxbody one of these days. im going to make my own turbo kit for under $1000 and run 11's.... thats the goal not hard. the 5.0 may not be a beast from teh factory but it can hold alot of power and not break (under 500whp that is)

and commmon...... jdm..... blazer....... i just smashed my head into my desk.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
offroaddude77 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 02 Vortech

im sorry man i cant take you seriously.....

and commmon...... jdm..... blazer....... i just smashed my head into my desk.
X2

Quick Reply: Eating Mustangs