Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

One Less Honda on the road...

Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
i'm glad you made it out of that one! That could have ended in tragedy very easily, and I'm not just talking about mashing up your Blazer...
It seems to always be the a-hole with no regard for anyone else that pulls this kind of crap. You never get run off the road by a dude that stops, comes to see if you are ok, and say sorry you put it in a ditch because i was in a hurry. ya'know?

PFT! the insurance $ was for the other damage! i am about to become a full fledged recruiter, i SHOULD be able to sell this as "additional unseen damages found by a qualified mechanic after the first outside inspection" to get this covered. i'm open to suggestions by anyone who has dealt with insurance companies before...

'defraud' is such a dirty word... i like to think of it more as 'creative billing' ....
yeah, me too. we all know how well the front bumpers stand up to anything other than wind on these 2nd gen trucks.

is this damage on the same side as the collision? even if it wasn't, you can argue that the force of the crash, caused excessive deflected load on the opposing side of the vehicle. i used the same "lawyer mumbo-jumbo" talk when dealing with collision repairs for my Mother's car a few years ago, and it worked. same situation as you, it was 4 or 5 days later when the other side of the suspension broke.
give it a try, it's not being "creative" or "defrauding" since this tool caused the collision.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:30 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
is this damage on the same side as the collision? even if it wasn't, you can argue thatthe force of the crash, caused excessive deflected load on the opposing side of the vehicle. i used the same "lawyer mumbo-jumbo" talk when dealing with collision repairs for my Mother's car a few years ago, and it worked. same situation as you, it was 4 or 5 days later when the other side of the suspension broke.
give it a try, it's not being "creative" or "defrauding" since this tool caused the collision.
Consider your wording 'stolen'. On a related note: Have you ever considered an exciting career as a U.S. Army Recruiter... ?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:21 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Well I have one, not a honda, a Caliber (seems these cars just hate me) see:https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/post-your-idiotic-driver-stories-31186/

But on my way down the highway, the two lane highway opened up to a 4 lane, using the opportunity to pass the newbie chick driving the caliber ahead of me, and the transports sturggling up the hill, I dropped it into third and floored it.

Feeling satisfied with the passing power the truck was putting to the ground and the grunt coming from my intake, I was (luckily) keeping an eye on said caliber. She suddenly decided to change the rules of engagement and do everything driver's ed told her NOT to do. Without 1. signalling and 2. looking, she (strike) 3. pulled into my lane.

With me honking the horn in short bursts, and then finally LEANING INTO THE HORN, she didn't stop coming for my passenger's side front fender. The "OMG Not my Blazer!" part of my brain taking over, I looked ahead and saw no one in the oncoming passing lane other than a Silverado with no one around him, flashing the highbeams (screw the horn) and putting my signal on I pulled into his lane and he thankfully had the brain power to see what was happening and pulled off into the "slow" lane and all head on collisions were averted. Seeing as I was doing 130 km/h at this point I'm thankful.

I looked over at her and I got this "OMG WHERE"D YOU COME FROM?" look from the driver. Getting into the little town, I saw her pull into a Tim Horton's in my rear-view, I pulled in the second entrance and parked next to her, I got out, gently knocked on her window, and with me knees still shaking from all the excitement, politely asked her "WTF WERE YOU DOING?" I wasn't angry, I was pretty calm considering what happened. "Hi, did you see me coming up next to you back there?" "No..." *blank look* "So you pulled out without checking first?" "Yes..." *dummer look* "Alright... next time, unless you're trying to kill yourself or the people in the other vehicle, turn down your music, hang up the phone, and LOOK to see if someone is coming up beside you. Sound good to you? Because you almost caused an accident back there. Another thing... The next guy won't be this calm and polite. Have a nice day."

Needless to say, I did get to pass the transports, and I had enough restraint to avoid getting charged with some sort of crime... namely assault.

ABN, you can have your thread back now lol.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:59 PM
BF Veteran

LOL I remember that thread

hell, this thread has become a "calling all a-hole stories!" thread. im glad. my "a honda clipped me" post would be awful damn boring if you guys hadn't chimed in with your near misses (or accidents ) as it were.
it's just too bad you couldn't pull a "see she was in shock and needed immediate attention" so you could blast out here D side window with a rescue tool, slash her seat belt, and drag her bodily through said former window. i believe she would look before merging after that
Ahh cool comforting road rage.... that is why I just plowed through my guy...

Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Consider your wording 'stolen'. On a related note: Have you ever considered an exciting career as a U.S. Army Recruiter... ?
funny you sould say that. i had the wife of a friend of mine tell me tonight, "have you ever thought about being a drill Sergeant?". she was giving me s**t for talking too loud while she was laying down her twin girls. hey, i was outside, at the end of the driveway (about 50 feet away), it's not my fault new houses have poor sound insulation in them, hahahahaha!
i don't think i could make it work though, i'd probably have the new recruits wanting to quit before they unpack their bags.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
Talking

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
"have you ever thought about being a drill Sergeant?". i'd probably have the new recruits wanting to quit before they unpack their bags.
Thats the idea

Old 10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
BF Guru

where do i sign up then?!? *chuckle*

Old 10-18-2009, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran

well first things first, we will have to perform a mapple leaf-ectomy... are you man enough to leave the land of easy (if cold) living and trudge your way through life as another cog in the American machine? (you can be a fuel pump assembly....we have been looking for a new one since our sending unit went belly up...)

Old 10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are totally cracking me up! AB - that totally sucked about what happened with the Colonel! OMG...ROFLMAO

Old 10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran

Glad YOU enjoyed it. I had to answer to the Dep Bde Commander AND do a safety stand down day "Don't be a dumbass" LMAO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One Less Honda on the road...