Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   One Less Honda on the road... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/one-less-honda-road-35806/)

ABN31B 10-13-2009 12:33 AM

One Less Honda on the road...

1 Attachment(s)
Well boys and girls, I was involved in my first accident. (not intentionally involving a HMMWV and unyeilding Iraqis).

I was minding my own business with some sweet sweet vietnameese food racing through my mind when suddely a powder blue (with rattle can black hood to look carbon fiber no less!)
88 CRX cut me off avoiding a stopping bus from the right lane. Enjoying the though of spring rolls and rice a little less, I decelerated and waited to pass the bus before changing lanes away from my would-be rear ending pal. Almost as soon as I took up prime real estate in the right lane, the vehicle in front of our CRX driving chum signaled a left turn and began slowing down.

This is an '88 Honda! How dare you?!

Since he is way more important than anyone else on the road, Mr. CRX decided that he liked my spot in traffic more than his own, and came on over with out calling first. I did what any responsible adult would do, and remembered that I have a $0 deductible and coverage for days, so I laid on the horn and powered through his right front fender just behind the tire.

The impact straightened him out and allowed for my front left tire to burn a nice looking half moon into his passenger door. When all was said and done, no injuries and some sweet insurance info later, we went on our merry way.

Its all fun and games until some one changes lanes with out bother ing to even look, let alone signal. Only 1 crappy cell phone pic to show for it, but can you believe they want to give me $1100 for a rubbed sidewall on my cheap ass tires, light scratches to the stupid looking Street Scene SS bumper cover this thing came with, and a tumbnail size dent in my fender right behind the bumper/in front of the tire!?!?!?

Looks like I can finally get my 4WD back up and running, 2" BL, cat back exhaust, and shackles now :D BTW they totaled his ride!!!!

oktain 10-13-2009 12:59 PM

Wow, nice work on the CRX... btw I couldn't stop laughing with your description. I knew there was a reason why you were missed.

ABN31B 10-13-2009 01:45 PM

:D *wipes a single tear* It's good to be back :D

wlorton 10-13-2009 02:49 PM

Stupid honda...

okvortec 10-13-2009 05:06 PM

The "that is an 88 honda, how dare you" what movie is that from, ive heard it before.

Sweet doeal on the insurance, his doesn't look totaled and you got out with a few scratches for $1100!!

Nathan1991 10-13-2009 06:44 PM

Nice work!! stupid people on the road these days...
I think the honda lines from employee of the month

ABN31B 10-13-2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 254302)
The "that is an 88 honda, how dare you" what movie is that from, ive heard it before.

Employee of the Month. Barring that quote, (it was '81 Honda) a deplorable movie to say the least...

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 254302)
his doesn't look totaled

Totaled in that the cost of the repairs > value of vehicle. So they total it.

As for my pay off, I have to get an alignment and balancing to make it legit. I plan to drop a new pitman arm and idler arm in just for the hell of it (and to tighten up the steering).
Then getting my TC working is prioirty number 1. I have to choose between heater door servo and ac compressor fixes OR +2" body lift and +1.5" (or 2") shackles. Decisions, decisions....

Basically being merged into by this kid was the best thing that happened to my truck since me buying it!*

*barring me driving it into a pond....

okvortec 10-13-2009 10:42 PM

Eh, who needs the heater/ac. GO FOR THE LIFT!!!

oktain 10-13-2009 11:08 PM

Driving it into a pond? Do tell!

old skool luvr 10-13-2009 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 254451)
Driving it into a pond? Do tell!

i'm gonna second that one!

nice job on the CRX. at least they're gonna cover the collateral damage from that idiot.