Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   Super fast tire spinning (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/super-fast-tire-spinning-35179/)

branswiss3 09-26-2009 06:47 PM

Super fast tire spinning

last winter after a snow i was driving on a recently paved asfalt one lane road it romped on it i was driving at about 15 mph my back tires clocked at 65 it was fish tailing back and forth very sick love my blazer

Nathan1991 09-26-2009 06:50 PM

lol welcome to canada 8 months a year

branswiss3 09-26-2009 06:52 PM

sounds like loads of fun im gona put a dynomax super turbo muffler on it this week any thoughts?

AJBert 09-26-2009 08:15 PM

Enjoy doing that until you get traction all of a sudden and get launched into something you don't want to hit.

Oh, and take pics!

old skool luvr 09-26-2009 11:09 PM

before OR after he launches into something? :icon_laugh:

AJBert 09-26-2009 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 248935)
before OR after he launches into something? :icon_laugh:

Both! lol

old skool luvr 09-27-2009 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by ajbert (Post 248950)
both! Lol

x2!, x2!

TripleBlackBlazer 09-27-2009 10:33 AM

Or when he's doing 80 and hits REALLY good traction and shears the splines off an axle.

oktain 09-27-2009 01:16 PM

OOO sounds like fun!

Yeah I used to do that but I grew up a little. Now I try to avoid wheel spin because of how hard it can be on the drivetrain.

Good thing it wasn't the Blazer I had for a first vehicle. I know personally when I see a nice car or something rolling by with a good sounding exhaust or nice rims I give him more credit/respect than if he was peeling out next to me showing off. Wheel spin in the winter doesn't mean jack, all season tires don't grip on cold pavement very well... Try doing that with a set of winters, I can't get my Yokohama Geolanders to let go unless I'm in a foot of snow.

old skool luvr 09-27-2009 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 249018)
Or when he's doing 80 and hits REALLY good traction and shears the splines off an axle.

again, X2

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 249052)
OOO sounds like fun!

Yeah I used to do that but I grew up a little. Now I try to avoid wheel spin because of how hard it can be on the drivetrain.

Good thing it wasn't the Blazer I had for a first vehicle. I know personally when I see a nice car or something rolling by with a good sounding exhaust or nice rims I give him more credit/respect than if he was peeling out next to me showing off. Wheel spin in the winter doesn't mean jack, all season tires don't grip on cold pavement very well... Try doing that with a set of winters, I can't get my Yokohama Geolanders to let go unless I'm in a foot of snow.

then don't by Blizzak's oktain. don't get me wrong, they work wonders over any A/T or M/T tire, but i can get my Blizzak's to break free if i'm not careful.
i'm probably gonna need new Winter tires this fall-NOT because they're sliding all over the place, they're 3 years old. i was wondering what personal ratings people had regarding these tires;
-Firestone Winterforce (XL)
-Michelin Latitude X-Ice (XL)
oh yeah oktain, what Geolander's are you running? i know they make some killer off-road tires, but i don't think any are for Winter, are they?