Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   wanna be faster than a 00 sierra (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/wanna-faster-than-00-sierra-8566/)

1slowblazer 02-05-2007 11:11 PM

wanna be faster than a 00 sierra

i just recently purchased a 99 blazer ls 4wd. there is a guy who used to be a friend of mine who just bought a 2000 or so sierra reg. cab, i dont think its a 4x4 it doesnt say it is. anyway, it probably has the 5.3, which i know from my suburban is very nice engine, is there anyway that if we lined up (at the track) that i could take him. i have magnaflow catback, jet performance module, k&n fipk, and shift kit. i dont have a g tech or anything to yell me my power or 0-60's but i've looked up the specs on the sierra and they are around 16 sec quarters. what else can i do to get better than that

tippmann243 02-06-2007 10:19 PM

RE: wanna be faster than a 00 sierra

a 100 shot should get you what you want

1slowblazer 02-06-2007 11:14 PM

i hadnt even considered that, a 100 shot would put me well over 300hp. and i have never dealt with nitrous before.

rabbit0102030 02-07-2007 10:10 AM

Nitrousis only a short term solution. It gives you that extra boost when you press the button and then you go back to the same specs. Try some actualpower upgrades, like porting and polishing the heads, bore it out a little bit, get a shift kit, a supercharger or a turbo, get a tuned filter box and a high flow filter, do something that gives you the power your looking for all the time not at short intervals.

02 Vortech 02-12-2007 02:12 PM

rabbit have you actually ever used spray? i have and its fine..... cost effective.... the 4.3L needs to be boosted..... thats why all the fast ones are turbo..... no s/c's, no all motor. there are some quick spray'd ones. Sebast on s10forum is running mid 11's with biult motor and spray. JDB is running 12.2 with a procharger @ 17psi on stock motor.

what you sited as a weakness is its exact strength.... you can turn it off. MPG stays the same driveability stays the same not many other required mods except a coil, plugs, wires, and a cut-out. put you in the low 14's easy on a 100shot.

its alot cheaper then a s/c or turbo..... i built my turbo set-up and yes its ALOT faster but i cant turn it off and i am always laying into the throttle for fun.... fun = bad mpg.

if you think a shift kit is gonna make you go faster........its not. a torque converter will but only really reason to put a shift kit into your tranny is to make sure the transmission doesnt blow up when the extra torque is added to the drivetrain. i have a shift kit and servos.... and yeah it lights 2 second gear up when it shift into it but its only for the added strength.... it can get very annoying as daily driving because of the "clunk" into second @ low rpm.

i say go with a 100shot, cut-out, TR6 plugs, and msd plug wires.... thats all you should need. it will be fun then.

also i wouldnt waste my money on a s/c for the 4.3L's ever UNLESS ITS A PROCHARGER. when you only make 225whp @ 9psi you suck @ life (powerdyne). for some reason s/c's dont react well @ all with this motor. i made 25more whp & 80more ft.lbs @ 1 less psi on my turbo set-up AND IT WAS RUNNING SO RICH THE DYNO COULDNT EVEN REGISTER IT. so i could probably hit 270whp on that dyno with some tuning. the procharger is nice but to bad the kit is $6,000 for our trucks.

there is a guy on s10forum who is an S10- he has an RCSB S10- w/- Powerdyne @ 9psi + a 75shot + gears + locker + slicks and he was a tenth slower then me when i was only @ 8psi turbo on street tires and open diffrential.

a fully built 4.3L which takes prolly 4K to build will only make 300 FLYWHEEL HP (10:1 CR, cam + heads + valvetrain+ cusomt MPFI)

i have had both turbo and nitrous and i would take turbo over nitrous anyday of hte week. but nitrous is much mroe cost effective and can be turned off. also its not gonna screw your motor up unless your a dumbass.

rabbit0102030 02-12-2007 06:06 PM

Hey killer..calm down. I was just lending MY OPINION. In my opinion NOTHING beats building your own engine from the ground up. I don't believe in spray and I have NEVER had to use it. ANY engine I have ever built be it a 4 cylinder or a V8 have all been able to take a car/truck on spray with an engine of its own size and a little bigger without using spray, just off sheer power. In my opinion he needs to build his engine up with a few g's worth of parts before he decides whether or not to use it, but IN MY OPINION he doesn't need it, it's a crutch. By the way I never ever said anything about a shift kit making you go faster, it's simply to help your tranny manage all the power you are going to force through it. Also, I dont remember him being concerned with mpg's or spending a little money to punk out his friend.

lastcoupe 02-12-2007 06:14 PM

lol

DankBlazer 02-12-2007 11:15 PM

Spray is for wussies...
[align=left] [/align]

swartlkk 02-13-2007 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: DankBlazer

Spray is for wussies...
[align=left] [/align]
That's a very intelligent comment right there... There are too many drivers/teams to mention in NHRA that are all wussies by your comment... Right...

When used correctly, there is nothing wrong with nitrous oxide and it is a very good performance boost.

Would I use it, not at this time, but then again, my Bravada does what is required of it just fine and my other DD has a blower. If I were to do anything with my Bravada, it would be simply for something to do.

02 Vortech 02-13-2007 11:33 AM

nitrous or turbo he doesnt need a rebuild to go fast.......

everyone on s10forum tells me im gonna blow up and the motor is gonna blow.... i have yet to, and it sees the track 3 times a month, and lots of street races.

the BS 4.3L motor is alot stronger then most people give it credit for... JDB running 17psi on stock bottom end proves that. i sprayed the 100shot ALOT- @ one point 2+ bottles a week. just becuase of the rush it gave me..... he will be fine with a 75shot or 100shot....... anymore then your asking for trouble....... but in reality all he should need is E-fans, pullies, edelbrock TES, intake, cut-out tune and stall.... woud put him in the low 15's to high 14's depending on traction. buts cheaper to just put some spray and a cut-out on it. and easier......

nitrous is actually becoming the safest power adder..... with all of hte new safety percuations and parts comming out for it (a/f ratio shut off switch, FPSS, automatic bottle heaters, blow down tubes, etc...) but the main defences against engine damage is the driver/user......

fact of the matter is.... an N/A motor of the same size as a Turbo/supercharger/nitrous motor will never make more power then the forced induction motors.... .also the forced inductions engines will be more driveable and get better gasmileage and have the option of running 300whp instead of 700whp all the time.

with just a tune, and traction im confident i can put my truck in 12's WITHOUT EVER REMOVING THE VALVE COVERS...... cant do that n/a.

if you ever own a boosted vehicle you will know...........