Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   is it worth it?? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/worth-71213/)

liftedzj1994 06-04-2012 03:00 PM

is it worth it??

4 Attachment(s)
hey guys. i was looking through craigslist and cameacross this blazer.

88 s10 blazer with a 350 runs good has a locked rearend with 4:11 gears and a 700r4 tranny has a b&m shifter with a 86 camaro consol runs low 14's at the track ready to drive.. he wants 1900 or will trade for truck car quad etc.

i have a 2001 400ex with tons of mods worth around 2k. thinking of trading him just for something to good around in the summer with an maybe eventually put some more money into it. is it worth it? is it worth 2000

abig84 06-04-2012 07:25 PM

dont look to bad, its always risky buying custom stuff like that, who knows if the thing is held together with zipties and duct tape. just look it over really good

84BlazerS10 06-04-2012 11:18 PM

Hard to tell from a few pictures but the price sounds fair I would just do as mentioned above and really look it over nicely and drive it for a while to make sure it doesn't over heat and stuff before you consider buying it.

atvwarrior 06-05-2012 06:23 PM

If you get it make sure you change that air cleaner , them foam things like to catch on fire , I have seen it happen more than once and on more than one vehicle .

USMC3782 06-11-2012 05:29 PM

body looks pretty clean. if the interior is the same it isnt too bad of a deal. it all depends on what work the engine has. just bc it is a sbc does not mean it isn't a dog. worst case changing to vortec heads and a new manifold can make good power if the cam is not terrible.

trobbins 09-16-2012 10:08 AM

you should instead ask to trade for that monte in the background haha. no the blaze dont look to bad but like everyone else said its risky buyin custom worst case sinerio you trade an it breaks down an have to dump money into it which would not be fun.. what mods you got dont to your quad i just sold my 400 that was a track quad or dunes quad

chris015 09-16-2012 11:22 AM

Well,think of it this way. If you want to trade for it and actually keep it for a long time,and you have decent mechanical abilities then go for it. early model blazers have no resell value,even with a v8. If you are the "i can change my own oil?" guy,then walk away as this is going to be a constant tinker. It can be a daily driver,but shes gonna need to be diaper changed regularly lol.

edit :

damnit,this is a june 2012 thread. Im sure this is over anyways. Good job trobbins lol

prelude1897 10-30-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 523066)
dont look to bad, its always risky buying custom stuff like that, who knows if the thing is held together with zipties and duct tape. just look it over really good

LOL, zipties are always good for holding up bumpers

99blklt4wd 02-03-2013 09:37 PM

Looks like the blazer owner put a 4wd rear axle assembly on it to get the big rear end and then they put 2wd offset wheels on it

Rear tires look stupid sticking out but other than that looks not bad

Replace rear wheels or axle assembly and drive it like you stole it, looks like fun:icon_eddie:

rexazz2 02-04-2013 03:47 PM

check the motor mounts at the cross member
If they look like they were welded to the cross member , RUN
Its a good indication of the type of work that has been done