Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   02 blazer drop spindles problems? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/02-blazer-drop-spindles-problems-87888/)

Prescott141 11-16-2014 08:16 PM

02 blazer drop spindles problems?

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread. I just recently ordered 2" drop spindles, cut 1/2 a coil of the springs and I put drop blocks in the back. While I was at it I replaced both upper and lower ball joints along and now when you get over 10 miles an hour and try to turn you start hearing the power steering pump binding up. Doesn't make noise when you are moving it around at slow speeds in a driveway. Jacked it up can't hear anything rubbing, no brake issues and the upper control arms were shaved for clearance. Not sure what going on so I'm looking for some advice

LeWhite 11-16-2014 08:22 PM

Real bad alignment? Get down on your stomach behind the back bumper and sight along the back tire and you will see about an inch of the front tire and what its doing. Then have it towed to an alignment shop. You can ruin a set of tires in about 50mi

Also check that the brake caliper doesn't hit the control arm, full left; full right; full up; and full down. Almost hit a Rolls Royce & and a cop car.

Prescott141 11-16-2014 08:31 PM

When we were installing the spindles and got the belltechs on and bolted up with everything but the tie rod, the spindles were tight to move back and forth and normally with out the tie rod they usual flop back and forth. Didn't know if that was normal with drop spindles?

LeWhite 11-16-2014 08:37 PM

Did you clearance around the upper bj? Dont forget that clearance changes with suspension travel

Prescott141 11-16-2014 08:42 PM

Yeah its clearanced for the calibers. But its tight without the hub and the brakes. Just with the spindles bolted up

LeWhite 11-16-2014 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Prescott141 (Post 637939)
Yeah its clearanced for the calibers. But its tight without the hub and the brakes. Just with the spindles bolted up

Naw! its binding around the ball joint!

Prescott141 11-16-2014 08:57 PM

What part would you have to clear. I cleared where the belltech instructions said for the brakes

LeWhite 11-16-2014 09:28 PM

The radial flange around the upper BJ. .Also the rims' inner lip is close to the lower CA depending on wheel diameter and offset.

Prescott141 11-16-2014 09:38 PM

The wheel is clear. Are their any DIY for the upper ball joints? Been searching around on a bunch of forums but can't find anyone with the same issue

LeWhite 11-17-2014 02:05 PM

If you have disconnected the pitman from the center link and the steering goes full travel without binding, its not that. If you have disconnected the spindleS from the tie rods you should be able to see the bind point. Again look to the upper bj area. Spindle to A arm clearance. Report back.